Catching the Impossible, AT freeby.

Peter Waller

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, bought AT yesterday for the first time in ages and watched the video twice last night. Some stunning photography and I will certaimly aquire the whole series at some stage. Irrespective of whether one likes or dislikes any individuals and on the basis of what I have seen on this DVD, I think that we could have something that equals or indeed excedes Passion for Angling which to me personally is the benchmark for fishing vids. On this occassion AT is a steal at the price. Well if anyone asks, I know what I want for Christmas :D

I thought it was brilliant. It is at the top of my Christmas list. Hugh Miles is one of the world's great photographers, Bernard Cribbins has an excellent voice for the narrative. The fishing is terrific and the underwater shots are sublime. Won't say too much about anything else though except that in my opinion it could have been even better.

The only downside of Catching The Impossible was that Wilson highlighted one particular pike fishery. As a result of, albeit possibly by coincidence, it has gone downhill big time since he fished it. Many of think that that is probably due to the increased attention that his contribution attracted.