Maggot's, Maggott's every where

Moodyboy

I am going fishing tomorrow and did'nt have chance to pick up maggots, so I thought i'll just nip along to the tackle shop near work at lunch time, bought pint and a half of said maggotts and discretely deposited them in the work fridge, wrapped in a blue bag so no one new what they were

Now the thing is I work in Canary Wharf in London and my office is absoloutly not the place for maggotts in the fridge( is any workplace?).So I sat down safe in the knowledge that the bait was aquired for tommorrow and how cunning I was to hide it in the bag .

What was'nt safe was the lid to bait box. :headhurt: :

1 hour later, absoloute pandamonium, as non fishing co-workers come from far around to see the wriggling horror show that once was their fridge.

I am currently DEEPLY unpopular at work at the moment.

Edited by Moodyboy

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up having to try a get all the little b**g**s cleaned up, I've succeded so far but as most of you probaly know- they get EVERYWHERE!!!!

The worst part is that at some point soon there is going to an explosion of Flies as the succesful escapees hatch

I'm not even gonna bother to try and make it up to them till we get over the "flies" bit, give it a couple of months and I'm sure it will be forgotten

Edited by Moodyboy

Unless you tell them, it is very unlikely that the average office worker has any idea that maggots turn into bluebottles. The only metamorphosis most typists will understand is what they perform in front of the mirrors in the ladies before going out on the pull.

lol That's absolute class. You should have said that it belongs to the guy who works next to you. I once farted at work, and I said that it was the guy next to me who did it lol.

Why on earth did you own up to them being yours ????

:yucky:

Mat

Stupidity/Honesty/The fact I'm always banging on about fishing

Take your pick- But I think it is the first option!

I ended up having to try a get all the little b**g**s cleaned up, I've succeded so far but as most of you probaly know- they get EVERYWHERE!!!!

The worst part is that at some point soon there is going to an explosion of Flies as the succesful escapees hatch

I'm not even gonna bother to try and make it up to them till we get over the "flies" bit, give it a couple of months and I'm sure it will be forgotten

:lol::lol: Absolute Class Mate :lol::lol:

That actually made me laugh out loud :clap: sorry mate for your predicament but just the thought of the flies everywhere just makes me want to roll about on the floor in hysterics!!! :lol::thumbs:

With my silken line and delicate hook,i wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom!