korda lead clips

wizards_cuff

I think Wizard must ave spent his Giro in 1 go.

I am no genius, and I understood perfectly what Elton was getting at - as with hooks various manufacturers' sizes are different to another's -

try comparing Drennan and Kamasan size for size.

For someone not understand that and then offer gratuitous abuse when they don't understand the most obvious of questions beggars belief - but with Wizard's stated occupation I suppose he's more to be pitied than scolded.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton (Boss)

This is your site, mate, and there are at least 5,000 posters who will be forever grateful for all the time, effort and cash that you plough into it to allow us, the posters, the luxury of airing our opinions and asking our questions. For free.

Elton - I see absolutely no reason why you should put up with the sort of personal insults that our 'friend' has posted here. Most of us know the rules - your rules - and stick to them. And although we can 'f' and 'blind' it if we want to, we don't do it here (even with asterixes).

So, Wizards_Cuffs, that's the deal as I understand it. I think you owe Elton an apology. You will find that if you get past your 26 posts so far, we are a pretty helpful and foregiving lot on here. But if you want to just diss the Boss or other posters, for whatever reason, please just clear off before I, for one, make that a formal request.

[ 05. December 2004, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Broughton ]

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

I've managed to attract a fair amount of flack on the internet, but at least theres usually some clarity or logic to the things that I say. You on the other hand Wizards-Cuff just seem to be looking for a fight. Nobody sober and in any kind of control of their senses and/or mouth could take offence at Elton's response. He just seemed to be sympathising with your problem, yet you seem to have found sone offensive hidden meaning that the rest of us are struggling to figure out.

An apology from you would definitely help, besides none of us that enjoy AN, much fancy having to retrieve the forum from Elton's rear end.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I wonder if it's any coincidence that his initials are W.C.?

I've refrained from posting on this thread until now, but IMO an apology is certainly called for. I've been on this site longer than most of you (in fact I got involved with the site before it even started) and I've seen it grow to what it is now - one of the best angling sites on the Net.

Elton does not do this for free, it takes up his time and money (more than most of you realise), and as the Boss said, he has other responsibilities now. After what he has done for us, he does not deserve the abuse he has recently received. In future, I will not see him slagged down like this.

From now on, any attacks on Elton will be dealt with ASAP :mad:

Take care

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

John - I agree and I would have dealt with it except for the fact that Elton had replied and I hesitated to get in the middle by doing more than voicing an opinion.

I seriously doubt the poster will apologize though - more likely to just stay away (slink away?) or possibly to register under another name and start over.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Well he hasn't replied since Saturday morning, so hopefully he's bogged off (int gone away) :)

Tight lines

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

John S:

Well he hasn't replied since Saturday morning, so hopefully he's bogged off (int gone away) :)

Tight lines

It's a long time since I felt so pleased at someone's absence from a forum!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine