Braid. Is it just me that hates the stuff?

john frum

me

i'll have the stern every time.

except when

a. no tide and the chum bag is on the anchor

b. the tide is going the other way and the boat is sitting with the wind. which happens a lot in etive.

c. its pishing with rain and i want to stay dry.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale, Hiya....re the position on the boat for uptiding....according to Bob Cox in his book Uptiding and Boatcasting...and I quote.....Page 16 BTW.... " In the past there was always stiff competition for the prime three or four places across the back of the boat,and in my early days as a charter skipper I saw some unpleasant days spoilt by disagreements over who should have the prime spots...

Boatcasting has changed all that.If there is a prime position on a boatcasting charter boat,I suppose it is one of the two front places just behind the wheelhouse since the man fishing there gets the first bite of the cherry as the fish move downtide towards him. This is not always true,but in the majority of cases,say 75 out of 100,more fish are caught by these leading baits than from other positions on the boat,save for the skippers rod whichis usually fished from the foredeck,and therefore is in front of everybody's." unquote. :D

[ 04. July 2005, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya,

hmmm. if the fish are moving down tide... what's the point of a dubby bag and a scent trail ?????? :D

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Guest stevie cop

Norrie

Read the bit about the last of the Clacton pier big game fisherman ;o)

Could it be anyone you know?

Guest stevie cop

You should write a book Davy. With all your knowledge, you could revolutionise sea fishing as we know it.

Have you ever done the doggies at Newhaven?

[ 04. July 2005, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Steve Coppolo ]

Steve said "I'd also ike to apologise on behalf of my ancestors for Musselini, AC Milan, Parmesan cheese and Fiat cars!"

I don't think you should be quite so apologetic Steve. I like Parmesan cheese!

:-)

Martyn