Tywyn Tope Meet Part 2

richi

Just been looking at the tides for this weekend and reading a few web pages!! As stated it appears that we dont really want to be on the reef mid tide (???). so I suppose the best and safest time will be to try for the Tope 2 hours before and after HW or Low water. Is this right? I know the ebb is best . The rest of the time can be spent as SE suggested closer inshore after the spikey ones. Await the comments of the more experienced :blink:

the best thing to do will be to play it by ear Martin----you never know Nico might be so good as to put up an up to date surf report as he lives in Borth right by the water ;)

Spoke to Barry today,he's got plenty of bait and will be expecting us Sat morning :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can gather its the swell over the reef that may be the problem. However your right Richi best to play it by ear. Prowlers on the roof and ready to go - got a nice bit of work via the yak today!! Local lake about 20 acres had a big algae problem which de oxy'd the water killing thousands of fish ( including carp to 28lb and tench to 6lb). Local Council asked me if i'd paddle around with my FF and see if anything was left , and also plot the depths. 3hrs paddling and consultancy fees will justify my next purchase to er indoors :thumbs: Unfortunately not much life left in the lake!!

See you tommoro :clap2:

Ok Prowler 13

Dolphins - we saw them right off the river mouth after the flood had started - they were only 100 yards off the beach and stayed around us for 10 minutes or so - Steve was in my Scupper Pro. I squeaked them on the side of the Dorado - you can call them (and whales) with a proper composite yak!

Rivets - my lifting handles on the Scupper are also put on with rivets, as are the anchor haul pad eyes on both the Prowler and the Scupper. No problems. Use a drill the same size as the rivet body, fit is important, and with a blob of sikaflex below it won't pull out. The rivet does need to be a tight fit in the drilled hole though so there is no play.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

From what I can gather its the swell over the reef that may be the problem. However your right Richi best to play it by ear. Prowlers on the roof and ready to go - got a nice bit of work via the yak today!! Local lake about 20 acres had a big algae problem which de oxy'd the water killing thousands of fish ( including carp to 28lb and tench to 6lb). Local Council asked me if i'd paddle around with my FF and see if anything was left , and also plot the depths. 3hrs paddling and consultancy fees will justify my next purchase to er indoors :thumbs: Unfortunately not much life left in the lake!!

See you tommoro :clap2:

Sad to hear about the Lake Hursty, have seen some huge Carp being pulled out of their over the years, do the council plan to sort out the Algae and replenish the stocks there again?

Cheers.

Kayak: Tarpon 140 (Camo)

They are looking at dredging the lake silt but unless they can put it on fields locally ( they have to get the EA to agree the land is nutrient impovished) then it would need to go to landfill @£25 a ton i believe. Lake would also need fully drained and rainfall would take ages to refill. Max depth I found was 4ft 4 and 2 ft 6 in most parts!!

Not looking good IMHO. I reckon its the golf clubs fault with nitrates coming down the hills but that will not be a popular opinion!

Ok Prowler 13

Seen dolphins and seals off tywyn on dozens of occasions. Infact when me and captain fishyfinger were there 2 months back spinning in by the dysinni mouth there was a seal basking on the rocks about 10 feet from us. dolphins i ve seen as close as 60 yards from the beach off tywyn front itself. shed loads of jellyfish to but their not quite as cute as dolphins and seals. :)

the best thing to do will be to play it by ear Martin----you never know Nico might be so good as to put up an up to date surf report as he lives in Borth right by the water ;)

Spoke to Barry today,he's got plenty of bait and will be expecting us Sat morning :thumbs:

just drove by the sea and you will be glad to hear no real swell to talk about ,no wind at all its a big tide tonight (5,4)the sea is up on the brake water but not breaking atall just ,well the best word is swaying slightly ,if i had my yak i would be out now it looks lovley

if it stays like today (hot sun here)you will be topeing and sunbathing

tight lines boys, stay safe and land a couple for me

just drove by the sea and you will be glad to hear no real swell to talk about ,no wind at all its a big tide tonight (5,4)the sea is up on the brake water but not breaking atall just ,well the best word is swaying slightly ,if i had my yak i would be out now it looks lovley

if it stays like today (hot sun here)you will be topeing and sunbathing

tight lines boys, stay safe and land a couple for me

thanks niko,can't wait to get at em :fishing::clap2:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph