Pike and zander fish-in

Anderoo

Thats a shame Anderoo I was looking forward to that. Has the tackle shop definately got it right? might be worth contacting the club to check or see if they could do something for us.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear what a shame as I was looking forward to it as never done Zander fishing in my life! :lol:;) Well let see what the other anglers want to do first, but I can't justify buying a season ticket for two nights! Anyway if I did get a season ticket then I don't think I could a regularly trips over the winter period either.

Well if it a no go then I would consider making a trip for the piking session again depending if I can get off early from work or weekends!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Yes to make the travel worthwhile might just do two days piking and kip in the car overnight. Shame I still havnt got my old camper van as it was just the job for winter weekends away. Mind you that said I wonder how much the cheapest local B&B's are?

Just as a thought do Ramsey and District AA do a day ticket we could night fish on? 40 Foot is a reatively easy Zed water with plenty of smaller fish.Ive not got a contact number for them though,anyone?

Just up the road at wells creek its free for both day and night fishing, though it is a small( but miles long) venue there are a fair few pike/zander and perch, the only problem there is finding them, as they always move around the stretch. Due to work i probably wouldnt be able to go, but just a suggestion to anyone whos interested.

Oh and the KLAA have very strict policies about removing fish from the waters so just bare that in mind.

Well, I'm easy...but back on topic! :lol:

As I said, I'm up in the area anyway, would love to meet other forum members both for the social aspect, and to gain some pike and/or zander fishing and (mainly) handling tips. I could do with getting a season ticket I'm up there so often, and in fact keep meaning to.

I didn't know about Wells Creek, very interesting. Nice looking stretch of water, I take that route when the Welney Wash road is flooded.

Edited by Angly

Geoff

Wells Creek as far as I know is still an "open water" ie just need a rod licence.Trouble is that the Zeds are as said by Norfolkfisher a bit spread out.Not that thats unusual.As a small water it doesnt take bank side disturbance well either.This along with poor parking might make it a bad choice for a fish in.Trouble is (once again as far as I know/remember) Most of the local clubs dont allow night fishing on a day ticket.

I feel really bad about this, sorry everyone. However, I think it can be saved. If we go at the back end of the season (say, early March) we should be able to get a season ticket half price, so that would be £18. That's not too bad for two or three days' fishing. Every time I've bought a ticket after xmas for zandering I've always got it half price. However, I'll be sure to confirm this before we all turn up.

How does that sound? Again, apologies for the mix-up. This way maybe more people can arrange to come too.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I would have to bring Liam therefore costing me double. I need a new clutch in the van which is going to cost nearly 1k :(:headhurt: so I will have to cancel anyway. March would be a better for me now.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Well Creek crosses the Middle Level drain at Mullicourt Viaduct where there is room for quite a few cars and it would enable fishing on either water. The Middle Level is a Kings Lynn AA water and a day ticket is available on the bank. Well Creek is more like a canal being relatively shallow (3-4 feet if memory serves), I have fished there a couple of times, the first I had a decent bag of roach, skimmers and perch although I did see some decent perch caught on the narrow section on the viaduct. The second time I fished it was as clear as a bell and I got nothing. The banks are more or less at water level and there are a few proper wooden platforms. It is a free water so I imagine that there are no restrictions other than EA rules. I am hoping to join in probably for the Sunday but my wife is going in for her second knee replacement the weekend before and, unless we have someone come to stay with us, I may not be able to get along, keeping fingers crossed though!