Pike and zander fish-in

Anderoo

I hope it won't be considered rude if I jump in with:

7. No more than three rods may be used at any one time, which must be used from the same swim, on non enclosed waters. A maximum of TWO rods only may be used on enclosed waters.

Geoff

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7. No more than three rods may be used at any one time, which must be used from the same swim, on non enclosed waters. A maximum of TWO rods only may be used on enclosed waters.

Not at all, thanks for looking that up and posting!

I've only ever used 2 rods, I might use 3 this time, we'll see.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Oh thanks for the information! :)

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Assuming this is an open invitation to all, including newbies, I'd love to come and learn some piking basics from Budgie.

Please put me down for the Pike Teach In on 28th February. I'd be happy to grab a day ticket and try and catch some of you predator anglers a few live/deads before the masterclass! Don't fancy camping out in February/March though.

If anyone along the A47 east of Kings Lynn wants a ride, I'm happy to chauffeur so long as you don't have too much gear; I drive a Fiesta so 2-piece 12ft rods max!

Assuming this is an open invitation to all, including newbies, I'd love to come and learn some piking basics from Budgie.

Please put me down for the Pike Teach In on 28th February. I'd be happy to grab a day ticket and try and catch some of you predator anglers a few live/deads before the masterclass! Don't fancy camping out in February/March though.

If anyone along the A47 east of Kings Lynn wants a ride, I'm happy to chauffeur so long as you don't have too much gear; I drive a Fiesta so 2-piece 12ft rods max!

It certainly is, you're very welcome! I'll put you on the list, and I'm sure live/deads will be greatly appreciated :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Yes all are definately welcome!

If you have never been pike fishing but have always fancied a go then this is for you.Even if you havnt got any suitable tackle just let me know and I can sort you out.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Andy or budgie - which ever who in charge :lol:

Just to confirm my place as I have book the friday off to make the journey over there

Excellent :)

In case this is helpful, here is some basic info. I would never claim to be a great zander or pike angler, so everyone please feel free to advise on rigs, tactics and bait :thumbs:

Very helpful Anderoo.

My current plan (until my new improved plan becomes active :rolleyes: ), largely tailored to my existing equipment is:

Rod A: Pike/ larger zander; low resistance leger somewhere in the region of mid-distance to far bank, 2.75lb rod, 12 or 15lbs line, 28lb Soft Strand, 5000 baitrunner, Fox Pike Swinger, GFx alarm.

Rod B: Smaller zander; light float or leger set up close in to near bank, 1.5lb TC rod, 12lbs line, 15lbs Soft Strand, standard 4000 reel (rated to 12lbs line), bobbin if legering.

Rod C: Float or quivertip rod, daytime use for bait.

I've got a selection of baits in the freezer both here and in Norfolk, including eel, so a blank on the livebait front wouldn't be an issue.

Although not a complete beginner to pike/zander fishing, I am a complete beginner to pike/zander catching :lol: , so all advice taken onboard.

Geoff