seaside

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi barry luxton

smiles

regards steve

Did you like that Steve. :thumbs: sorry i couldn't help it.

Down by the bow much more and it will go ar...e over t...t

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge

This question of weather recreational anglers have contributed to the lack of fish is a very debateable one.

I can only talk about cod fishing in the North Sea here because that’s (recreationally) I have any experience off.

We (on chieftain) last year had one of our best years (fishing wise) for a long time. John and I said on many occasions that we thought it quite feasible to of made a good living working the wrecks we do had we had a commercial license and the quota to go with it.

For at least 4 or 5 months of the year anyway.

But we don’t because we took anglers instead. 3 or 4 men could catch as much as our anglers did last year and even more if we were doing it commercially.

angling can make a difference if you wanted it too, there’s no getting away from the fact that there’s no more efficient way of taking fish (when conditions are right) out of a wreck than with a rod and line.

The difference with where we fished and inshore wrecking is that we have the amount of fishing targets to go at. Fishing targets that are not targeted by commercial fishermen.

Fishing targets that are never targeted by other anglers and therefore you would have had a chance if you wanted to fish commercially using a rod and line.

I don’t believe that anglers make a lot of difference to what is caught, but they certainly could do. For someone to say that angling regardless of what sort of man is holding the rod cannot make any difference whatsoever is unrealistic.

Hello Stavey

I and a lot of other rsa's release our catches back alive

You are still a very small minority of the 1.5 million sea anglers.

Hi wurzel

I have to dissagree with you for a change :lol: when it comes to species like mullet/smoothound and a lot of bass sport anglers for that matter, i think you will find an extremely higher percentage of these rsa's return 99% of their catches, why i am sure you would not be that ashamed at admitting that you may have returned a few mullet your good self when out with the light line and the bread bag wurzel, would you?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hi wurzel

I have to dissagree with you for a change :lol: when it comes to species like mullet/smoothound and a lot of bass sport anglers for that matter, i think you will find an extremely higher percentage of these rsa's return 99% of their catches, why i am sure you would not be that ashamed at admitting that you may have returned a few mullet your good self when out with the light line and the bread bag wurzel, would you?

Hello Stavey

Mullet are targeted by the very smallest majority of anglers, much the same but a few more , target, catch and release bass, all these minority groups are far out numbered by the average dangler out to catch whatever is available shore and boat, everything goes in the Tesco bag, I see it constantly on Harwich pier, it is being repeated by thousands all around the country every day, then at the other end of the scale you have the experts targeting cod and bass , catching and landing them in commercial quantities, not such a majority but still substantial numbers.

Personally I don't give a damn, same as most commercials, but if threatened I will use it as ammunition.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Stavey

Mullet are targeted by the very smallest majority of anglers, much the same but a few more , target, catch and release bass, all these minority groups are far out numbered by the average dangler out to catch whatever is available shore and boat, everything goes in the Tesco bag, I see it constantly on Harwich pier, it is being repeated by thousands all around the country every day, then at the other end of the scale you have the experts targeting cod and bass , catching and landing them in commercial quantities, not such a majority but still substantial numbers.

Not by me.

So me and Stavey are in the minority of two at the moment. I prefer to take home mackeral than a bland cod and a bream to a bass any day.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello Stavey

Personally I don't give a damn, same as most commercials, but if threatened I will use it as ammunition.

Hi wurzel

You make a fair point, maybe a license/baglimits will put an end to capers like what you have observed on your local pier and those expert cod and bass line fishermen?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I and a lot of other rsa's release our catches back alive

You are still a very small minority of the 1.5 million sea anglers.

I am not sure what you are basing your figures on Wurzel. Bit I would suggest at least half of the anglers in the UK are quite happy returning all fish except bait fish It would be an even higher figure for folk that fish the West coast from Cornwall up to Oban, where the anglers tend to target specific species like tope, rays, smoothound, Wrasse, conger skate etc..

For species like the Bass there is probably only 1 in 5 anglers that actually catch one, so any guestimate of figures is impossible

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

For species like the Bass there is probably only 1 in 5 anglers that actually catch one, so any guestimate of figures is impossible

This post has been edited by Ian Burrett: Today, 04:25 PM

Are you shure Ian? must be a lot of crap anglers on your side of the country then.

I fish to live and live to fish.