NFFO slams Seafish appointments

seaside

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take the annual budget of my local SFC and divide between the number of registered boats in the district, it amounts to approximately £7,000 per boat. That's £7,000 of tax payers money per commercial fishing boat that could be spent on something else, like hospitals, crime, education, etc. When you take the amount of money that the fisheries department of DEFRA eats up each year, and divide that between the number of registered commercial fishing boats in the UK, the amount of tax payers money spent per commercial fishing boat gets even more obscene. I can't think of any other self employed people who get that much public money spent on them. Maybe there are other examples and someone might be able to point out what they are, but I can't think of any right now.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

If you take the annual budget of my local SFC and divide between the number of registered boats in the district, it amounts to approximately £7,000 per boat. That's £7,000 of tax payers money per commercial fishing boat that could be spent on something else, like hospitals, crime, education, etc. When you take the amount of money that the fisheries department of DEFRA eats up each year, and divide that between the number of registered commercial fishing boats in the UK, the amount of tax payers money spent per commercial fishing boat gets even more obscene. I can't think of any other self employed people who get that much public money spent on them. Maybe there are other examples and someone might be able to point out what they are, but I can't think of any right now.

So what should we be lobbying for then Steve?

An abolishment of the charter boat industry? :schmoll:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Defra's annual budjet= 100mil

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge

That’s simply because you will find it hard to find any other self employed who are regulated by so much bureaucracy. Ask any commercial fisherman if he thinks that the tax payer is getting a good return for there money through DEFRA.

So if it cost the taxpayer £7000 per fishing boat per year. Then the last commercial fishing boat I worked on. Paid for the running of seven fishing boats in the amount of tax we paid as individuals. then you have to take into account the amount of tax that the owners paid, And we eared peanuts compared with some of the top earning boats.

Don’t you think that commercial fishermen pay taxes?

I agree that DEFRA spends atrocious amounts of taxpayer’s money and soon they will be spending mountains more of taxpayer’s money on regulating RSA. You will also find that fishermen are not the only ones that DEFRA spends taxpayer’s money on.

Regards.

Guest challenge
The charter boat Industry receives no handouts from anyone. Unfortunatley

so you pay full price for your fuel then? because thats the only money that i ever receaved in any kind of rebate for the 14 years i was in the fishing industry.

That’s simply because you will find it hard to find any other self employed who are regulated by so much bureaucracy. Ask any commercial fisherman if he thinks that the tax payer is getting a good return for there money through DEFRA.

I agree, but why does it need so much regulation and bureacracy?

So if it cost the taxpayer £7000 per fishing boat per year.

No, that is just for SFC's. When you add DEFRA's fisheries budget the figure becomes something like £18,000 per boat.

Then the last commercial fishing boat I worked on. Paid for the running of seven fishing boats in the amount of tax we paid as individuals.

No it didn't. Not all tax that commercial fishermen pay goes towards fisheries management. Anyway, I didn't say the tax payers money went towards running commercial fishing boats, I said it was spent on managing them. Either way, it's still a lot of public money for tin pot industry.

I agree that DEFRA spends atrocious amounts of taxpayer’s money and soon they will be spending mountains more of taxpayer’s money on regulating RSA. You will also find that fishermen are not the only ones that DEFRA spends taxpayer’s money on.

Regards.

Again, I agree. It's disgusting, especially when you think of the state that our public services are in and how that money could be spent. When you see how DEFRA perform, and then think that all government departments are run the same, it's quite frightening. Just look at the mess that the home office is in now. Going off on a bit of a tangent now, but I often wondered how once great civilisations like the Romans, Greeks and Egyptians ended up like they have. In can now see that we are headed the same way and how it's happened. Greed. A few people in positions of power more worried about feathering their own nests than the good of the country. Rant over.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I agree, but why does it need so much regulation and bureacracy?

No, that is just for SFC's. When you add DEFRA's fisheries budget the figure becomes something like £18,000 per boat.

No it didn't. Not all tax that commercial fishermen pay goes towards fisheries management. Anyway, I didn't say the tax payers money went towards running commercial fishing boats, I said it was spent on managing them. Either way, it's still a lot of public money for tin pot industry.

Again, I agree. It's disgusting, especially when you think of the state that our public services are in and how that money could be spent. When you see how DEFRA perform, and then think that all government departments are run the same, it's quite frightening. Just look at the mess that the home office is in now. Going off on a bit of a tangent now, but I often wondered how once great civilisations like the Romans, Greeks and Egyptians ended up like they have. In can now see that we are headed the same way and how it's happened. Greed. A few people in positions of power more worried about feathering their own nests than the good of the country. Rant over.

Hi steve

7000 quid per boat sfc admin costs, bloody hell!! no wonder our council taxes are through the roof! in my area we have over 400 boats registered here thats around almost 3 million sovs for what is quite accurately as you pointed out a TIN POT INDUSTRY!! strewth........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I would like to ask a question.

Do you think that the outrageous amount of taxpayers’ money spent on the tiny commercial fishing industry is for the benefit of the few fishermen taking part in it, or for the benefit of the massive numbers of bureaucrats in the grossly overstaffed departments overseeing the management of this tiny industry?

I suppose the answers will vary, depending on whether you are a “commercial-basher” or not.

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com