Gut Bucket!

Chris Plumb

OK Steve - you had me googling - I just thought it had been gorging on a mixture of anglers bait and crayfish - the gut was very solid. But you reckon some kind of tapeworm????

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Well done Chris :clap3: , what a good size for the first barbel of the season ! It looks like it's eaten some of it's shaol mates lol. Did you get it during a trotting session or was it legering ?....you do know that leger caught fish are like foul hooked ones...they don't count :nono:;):lol: .

That distension of the abdomen looks too pronounced to me. Maybe it is just fat, but it doesn't look right.

It didn't look right which is why I put the piccy up. And no, Tigger caught ledgering I'm afraid - only had 1 barbel on the float in the last 2 seasons alas....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

All,

I hope she went back. That is the F1 barbel intendended to promote more barbel fishing. It is a cross between your "spawn bound" carp and paunchy barbel. That's what all barbel will look like in another generation or two.

Phone

It didn't look right which is why I put the piccy up. And no, Tigger caught ledgering I'm afraid - only had 1 barbel on the float in the last 2 seasons alas....

C.

I was only jokin' Chris, still good on leger gear. I wonder if the fish really has got a parasite or a health problem and if it might be a serious problem that's maybe damaged their numbers in your area / river since your struggling to get any. I find it a little strange that you used to do well catching them and then they should suddenly dissapear..