Poor Charlie Gard

Martin56

I like my own company too. Just as bloody well since I live on my own. I'm munching on a whole roast chicken tandoori at the moment.

One can be surrounded by other people and still be lonely.

Can be very frustrating being on your own - Great for a time, & do what ya' like!!. We're of similar age - me 60. you 57.

Get yerself out for a drink & meet people. There's someone for Everyone!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Can be very frustrating being on your own - Great for a time, & do what ya' like!!. We're of similar age - me 60. you 57.

I don't drink. Looking for a woman my age who is not ravaged by wrinkles and who is not losing the war of attrition with gravity. A sixty-four year old would be fine. Two thirty-two year olds would be better ;-)

Edited by corydoras
  • Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Just realised what that sounds like - NO - NOT what I meant!!

I don't drink. Looking for a woman my age who is not ravaged by wrinkles and who is not losing the war of attrition with gravity. A sixty-four year old would be fine. Two thirty-two year olds would be better ;-)

OK - lets get real, first of all you wouldn't be out of place with a soft drink in a pub or club - It's quite the norm re drivers!!

2nd - Get a woman you've something in common with - Gravity will take care of itself and they're more grateful!!!!

3rd - Don't die a Lonely old Man!!

Edited by Martin56

OK - lets get real, first of all you wouldn't be out of place with a soft drink in a pub or club - It's quite the norm re drivers!!

2nd - Get a woman you've something in common with - Gravity will take care of itself and they're more grateful!!!!

3rd - Don't die a Lonely old Man!!

When I said I don't drink I did not make myself clear. What I should have said is I'm not one for pubs. I drink at home now and again, but very infrequently. My son is coming over from France for a week or so. He'll bring a few bottles of nice red stuff with him and I'll be gathering the Black Sheep.

I do "get out". I'm out at least four days a week. I do meet women now and again, just all the nice ones are already spoken for.

I am not old and never will be. Old is a state of mind and has nothing to do with how many years it has been since you were born.

I've been living on my own for seventeen years now. When I get to retirement age I'll be across the Channel to France.

Mr Farage and I have one thing in common. If Brexit does go tits up he can fook off to The Land of the Rising Hun with his Kraut wife and I can fook off to Kermit land with my Froggie in-Laws.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Back to the kid ,unfortunately when third parties appear to get power over others they typically think they are always right and we have see in the past kids removed from the country being fixed by other (probably as many not)

In this case let the parents try if it fails its on their head and they forever will carry the burden ,if it dies here then theres always the problem it was the wrong decision and the parents failed to do their best let down by decisions taken by others

As for those stopping the parents they probably dont give a damn you cant make decisions of life and death if you care about anything if it dies they will cry "told you so" if it lives they will stay silent or have some excuse and disapear

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Martin you dont need other people to be happy i am happy just with my mrs (cannot comment on others but mines ok most of the time but chalk and cheese) i get terribly annoyed as typically just as i start something in times gone by when i had a couple of mates they appeared just that moment so then their needs overtook mine and mine went on the back boiler.

I dont go to pubs ,i did infact i was rarely out of them ,i could now its a stroll away but it would be full of needy people who talk of themselves or more likely others ,so people i detest so i drink when i drink and only if its cheap and from my fridge.

My bailiffing gets me my fishing fix and i occasionally now go myself (due to mrs ailments) but locally so its the pond or the river and my other main hobby is detecting and theres nothing more isolated than that ,you and your headphones and a machine.

I only ever go out with my mrs and if i go out she comes as well .

The nearest i get to company is an hour or so checking permits ,the same old conversations with the old guy two doors away when he needs something and here ,i am happy with that i have no need to prove myself down the boozer or look silly line dancing nor joining the lions to give the impression i care about others

I like my bubble ,i dislike others entering it ,i let them do what they want they really shouldnt give a crap what i do .

My life is simple ,i probably am its how i like it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The problem is, it isn't falling on their heads.

Its not the parents who are being kept alive artificially.

We don't really know what level of awareness the boy has or what potential horrors he is experiencing but I certainly wouldn't want to be in his position and conscious.

It's not the parents who are footing the bill for his care and they are certainly not providing doctors, nurses, a hospital bed etc to be made available to other users of GOSH while the boy is kept artificially alive and tying up finite resources.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The problem is, it isn't falling on their heads.

Its not the parents who are being kept alive artificially.

We don't really know what level of awareness the boy has or what potential horrors he is experiencing but I certainly wouldn't want to be in his position and conscious.

It's not the parents who are footing the bill for his care and they are certainly not providing doctors, nurses, a hospital bed etc to be made available to other users of GOSH while the boy is kept artificially alive and tying up finite resources.

Then put the decision in the parents hands and let them take him to america? The bed will be free the decision made the outcome what ever it is over

If the child is a cabbage then it wont suffer it will just cease to be ,if it is lucid then turning off life support no different to killing it ,medicine isnt about stopping suffering it seems to be about prolonging life at any cost the parents want to try to do that in america? Perhaps not allowing them is causing suffering ?

Its the duty in their heads to protect their child its not ours to judge how right or wrong it is ,i for one wouldnt like to be in their shoes ,its not like getting your dog put down its personal to you .

If it survives it will be a burden to them and the tax payer but we keep murderers alive at great cost when they could be put down so the money aspect shouldnt be brought into it

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 2

Then put the decision in the parents hands and let them take him to america? The bed will be free the decision made the outcome what ever it is over

If the child is a cabbage then it wont suffer it will just cease to be ,if it is lucid then turning off life support no different to killing it ,medicine isnt about stopping suffering it seems to be about prolonging life at any cost the parents want to try to do that in america? Perhaps not allowing them is causing suffering ?

Its the duty in their heads to protect their child its not ours to judge how right or wrong it is ,i for one wouldnt like to be in their shoes ,its not like getting your dog put down its personal to you .

If it survives it will be a burden to them and the tax payer but we keep murderers alive at great cost when they could be put down so the money aspect shouldnt be brought into it

Your thinking of the parents, not of the child. Your children are not your chattel do do as you please with, they have the same rights as you. The judges job is to represent the child, not the parents.