LONDON EXCEL MARINA

sam-cox

As someone who never contributed to the original debate on uptiding but read every post and who read the link on TSF can I add my two penneth worth.

I believe the insults started when Steve C reacted badly to what I thought was a mild dig at past comments made between himself and Davy H. It should have stayed between themselves.

Unfortunatly Sam C got stuck in and made some comments that I thought were out of order when he may have been better off putting the kettle on and then rethinking what he was going to post.

He has since then apologised and I think we should take that at face value and move on.

If we don't then all I see is every topic turning into a farce with position taking on all sides.

I enjoy reading other posts from different parts of the UK and reading of their captures of species that don't inhabit our local waters and would hate to see more people throwing their toys out of the pram and dissapearing. We should just remember that fishing is a game of no hard and fast rules and that we can all have different opinions and methods that work and still all be right (or wrong ) at the same time

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sam-cox:

just please stop it Ive apolergized for any offence that i have caused, but i dont see any one else apolergiseing, just people carrying on with the diggs.

Fair enough - new leaf and all that :)

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

I have only had to do this once before - thread closed for one hour!

I will open the thread again at 01.19

In the meantime, I want you all to remember the rules....

Keep it legal

Keep it clean

Keep it friendly

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

A little late, but now open again :)

Keep it friendly or one of us will close it for good....

Tight lines

John S

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Oooh you liar

John S

Err - not to change the tone here too much but does anyone have a clue about the original question here?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest jay_con

No never fished at London. Ive been on the London eye if that is any use to anyone.

[ 01. September 2005, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: @SUMMER@ ]

To return to the subject...

I don't know about mullet that far upriver, but thicklips have certainly been caught at Greenhithe (I know of a 7-8 last September), and I've heard that they've come from near the Dartford crossing. One of the founder members of the Medway Mullet Group (I've forgotten his name; he has since moved away) used to catch them at Erith. And once you get to Erith, London proper isn't that far away.

If there are no mullet there, try the newly modernised docks - plenty of roach, bream and some carp, I'm told.

Sam

I fished in the Limehouse Basin many years ago (which is further down river) and there were no signs of Mullet, plenty coarse fish however, Roach Rudd, Bream, Carp and Perch. I imagine the Excel Marina would be the same, so take a feeder rod and have a bash.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.