O2 Broadband....any good?

mr motorola

After being with BT for some 20 months or so , i have lost my rag with them so many times that it has now become tiresome. To begin with (the honeymoon period) was fantastic , i couldn't praise them highly enough but , they have now become so laid back with sorting problems out , disconnecting without any explanation and plenty more problems too, that enough is enough.

After quite a long wait and a couple of e-mails from yours truely asking for my MAC code , they have backed down and accepted (in so many words) that they have let me down and agree to relinquish the MAC and have dropped any early contract breakage charges.....fair play to them on that part i suppose.

I have the chance of signing up to O2 , to be honest , i'm going with them anyway . ......they're a hell of a lot cheaper AND faster (19 meg).

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

As i already said , BT were fantastic from the off , i suppose all companies have the good and bad reports.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, Mr Motorola.

After being dicked around, at great expense, by those lying, robbing scumbags at Orange...... they are a breath of fresh air!

If I was to list the many and varied reasons for my praising them, you'd think that I was on the payroll. :D

Excellent, Mr Motorola.

After being dicked around, at great expense, by those lying, robbing scumbags at Orange...... they are a breath of fresh air!

If I was to list the many and varied reasons for my praising them, you'd think that I was on the payroll. :D

That's nice to hear Sharkbyte , i'll find out soon enough.

BT were very good from the offing but soon went into a precipitous downward slide after 6-8 months. Maybe it's when they know they have their claws firmly into you that the service from them starts to deteriorate??

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Mr M

I cannot comment on their broadband but I have been with O2 for my mobiles since before they were O2 if you get my meaning and they have always been very good. I've never had much need to call their help desk but whenever I have they have been polite and helpful, like a help desk should be.

I've even had them call me up and tell me I was on the wrong tariff for my usage pattern and they dropped my monthly contact by £10.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

BT were very good from the offing but soon went into a precipitous downward slide after 6-8 months. Maybe it's when they know they have their claws firmly into you that the service from them starts to deteriorate??

Same as Orange, mate. But as they say, 'once bitten, twice shy'. That company will never again see one penny of my money.

I did an awful lot of homework before settling on O2. English help desk, free technical helpline etc etc....

Never had to use either, but reassuring all the same. :)

PS. Thankfully, Orange's ignorant, useless, lying stuffed shirts are on the other side of the world. It may have cost me over £100 in phone calls, but it saved me 25 years in the clink!

Edited by Sharkbyte

I signed up for 02 broadband about 6 months ago and i've only got good things to say about them.

They use a UK call centre. One of my bugbears is when phoning up for some technical/CS issue only to end up speaking to someone in Mumbai..

Best bit is the price compared to the others. I allready use an O2 mobile so they give me a discount on my broadband, so it works out at only £7.50 a month.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

Best bit is the price compared to the others. I allready use an O2 mobile so they give me a discount on my broadband, so it works out at only £7.50 a month.

I'm with O2 for my mobile and BT Broadband for my internet connection. Having read this, I may change, despite having no complaints about BT!

As for Sharkbyte....English help desk? You racist. What's wrong with ringing some foreign chap who can barely speak English, half way across the world on a crackly phoneline, and being asked to give your passwords, personal identity details, bank details and credit card number, only to be told to reinstall the software? They've even started pretending they're all called Trevor and Angela now, to avoid this kind of unwarranted prejudice :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Have to nail my colours to the mast... I work for O2, but not with their broadband service. O2 waited until they got the product right before launching it - about 2 years after the other mobile networks.

I have Home and mobile O2 broadband. Yes, it's at discounted rates, but the incentive to me was the customer service, which puts other providers to shame. The ethos is 'what best suits the customer's needs' rather than 'how much can we extort from the punter?'

If the area is local loop unbundled, then the functionality will be better for the customer as it's using O2's own equipment rather than renting to slave a service from BT's network.

The're not the cheapest around, I suspect, but the service levels justify the extra.

It is important that I make the point that this is the first time I've ever willing used an employer's product or service - it is against the grain for me to do so, as I dislike the feeling that I can't be impartial.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

O2's customer service is top notch, IMO. YMMV.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Excellent, Mr Motorola.

Same as Orange, mate. But as they say, 'once bitten, twice shy'. That company will never again see one penny of my money.

I did an awful lot of homework before settling on O2. English help desk, free technical helpline etc etc....

Never had to use either, but reassuring all the same. :)

PS. Thankfully, Orange's ignorant, useless, lying stuffed shirts are on the other side of the world. It may have cost me over £100 in phone calls, but it saved me 25 years in the clink!

I signed up for 02 broadband about 6 months ago and i've only got good things to say about them.

They use a UK call centre. One of my bugbears is when phoning up for some technical/CS issue only to end up speaking to someone in Mumbai..

Have to nail my colours to the mast... I work for O2, but not with their broadband service. O2 waited until they got the product right before launching it - about 2 years after the other mobile networks.

I have Home and mobile O2 broadband. Yes, it's at discounted rates, but the incentive to me was the customer service, which puts other providers to shame. The ethos is 'what best suits the customer's needs' rather than 'how much can we extort from the punter?'

If the area is local loop unbundled, then the functionality will be better for the customer as it's using O2's own equipment rather than renting to slave a service from BT's network.

The're not the cheapest around, I suspect, but the service levels justify the extra.

It is important that I make the point that this is the first time I've ever willing used an employer's product or service - it is against the grain for me to do so, as I dislike the feeling that I can't be impartial.

O2's customer service is top notch, IMO. YMMV.

I can only agree with the above comments, I was with Orange and they left me hanging two weeks before Christmas last year with connection at all and said it wouldn't be fixed until the end of January. Their only solution was to suggest I went to another supplier !!!

I moved to O2 and haven't got a bad word to say about them, call centres are all in the UK and their customer service has been excellent. I'd reccomend them to anyone.

Edited by jedibond

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"