HARBOUR PORPOISES

sam-cox

while fishing from Southend Pier and saturday not only did we catch a couple of decent bass and a really disformed bass, we were lucky enough to spot two harbour porpoises. The were around 50 yards out and made my day even more than the bass.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sam,

I saw a pod of pilot whales off of Newhaven once.

turned a p#ss poor fishing trip into somthing to remember. :)

Tite lines

Five Bellies

[ 24. May 2005, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: five bellies ]

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

ive seen dolphins off port quin in north conwall and a large pod of pilot whales off alderney.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Sam. Get yourself an invite to Lochaline!

Not only will you see a school of porpoises near the boat, but seals on the rocks, a white tailed sea eagle above, sea otters near the shore, a golden eagle on the point, plus the odd pine marten in the wheelie bin near the social. All this after you`ve nearly collided with a true wild stag on the road in.

The ales good too.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Posted Image

This was 2 years ago just off Lyme Regis, George as he is known, he actually came alongside my boat and rolled over so I could rub his tummy ..... amazing !!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Dan That was not george it was me taking a dip after a bad days turbot fishing, Thanks for the rub though mate.

Tite Lines

Five Bellies

PS. That wasn't my tummy.

[ 25. May 2005, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: five bellies ]

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Dan!

Tell George to stop swimming up the Wey! Kids are jumping off the town bridge to swim with the sod!

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

dan why do they call it george when its a bloody french fish(mammal) as i understand it it got seperated from its pod following a trawler and never went back ,bet it aint got an id card either

always good to see them though

fudd:

dan why do they call it george when its a bloody french fish(mammal)

Its surname is Depardieu :D

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk