Jersey Sea Fishing Licence

Socksy Squirrel

Hi there,

There will be a meeting at The Members' Room, Societe Jersaise, 7 Pier Road, St Helier at 8pm, Wednesday 4th May 2005.

This meeting will discuss proposals for sea rod licences, no take zones and bag limits.

If you live and fish in Jersey then you should come along.

If there is anything of interest then I will post it on here.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Socksy,

as i have been corresponding with the JSFC on behalf of saveourbass.com, i am very interested to hear this.

can you ask a question on the night for me ?

" should Jersey consider the introduction of a new criminal offence of Buying Unlicensed Fish as proposed by savourbass.com in Guernsey "

this will firmly put the emphasis on hotels and restaurants to record where they bought their fish from i.e. not by the back door.

we are proposing bag limits here of 2 per angler per 24 hours, and we've not decided yet but we will probably look at the increase in MLS as suggested by BASS.

PM me your address and i'll send you a couple of posters to put up at the hall.

Mark.

www.swff.co.uk - Guernsey Saltwater Fly Fishing

Member of B.A.S.S. - www.ukbass.com

Member of NFSA www.nfsa.org.uk

"better to have fished and lost than never fished at all "

Hi guys,

good news I think - Ireland hasn't suffered for having a 2 fish limit for bass - been in place several years and a mls of 42cm too.

I shall be very interested in hearing how it goes on the night.

Compettions like the Jersey Bass Festival are anethema to sport angling anyway. I don't like the idea of any fish being killed JUST to weigh in for a competition. The International comps are all catch and release.

Good luck Guernsey Bass and Socksey. Pass on my salaams to Andrew Syvret please. Ta.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I have the feeling it is a money raising scheme.

It will raise a few thousand for Agriculture and Fisheries, justify the number of staff down there despite farmings terminal decline and allow for a certain amount of green conservation type posing.

I suppose that if you are standing on a pier in the early hours of the morning then the Honorary Police might ask to see your license.

The people who are down Sorel, La Moye etc on a Sunday night will not be bothered by them or the men and women from Ag and Fish. Sadly these people are just the ones who will not care about bag limits or minimum sizes.

But we can all do our bit to enforce limits via pier pressure- pun intended!

Seriously, I have no qualms with telling people that they are catching undersize fish etc at the moment, so while some will abuse the rules, maybe a hotline or something of that nature would be helpful.

B.A.S.S. member