Talking about Pike

tincatinca

I dont think they made the film in the end? but I have the paperback book.

You can believe about the the man eating eels, two of my mates have fished extensively in New Zealand and Australia and have made several DVD's on the subject.

In one, Barry tells the true story of the non fatal car crash in which one unlucky local man who is rescued after some time in his partly submerged car wreck, only to find the eels have feasted on parts of his legs!!

Don't take my word for this, log on to the National Anguilla Club website and look in at Barry's attached website called Zandervan productions and buy one of his DVD's you will be amazed what they catch.

I dont think they made the film in the end? but I have the paperback book.

I read the book too, some of actually on the bank of the lake....I wasn't scared...honest :huh:

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

This must be a first for AN.

A thread about a man eating pike.....and no mention of immigrants, or eastern Europeans! :o

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I think you,ll find those massive eels are are in fact the Australian cousins of our own eels, which do grow to the sizes pictured AND bigger but the species IS different. Still, they wouldn't half tug your string.

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I think Andy is right the Ausie ones are the short fin and long fin eel he says unsure face ,but i thought that the real monsters came from New Zealand Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Wasn't there a book about a giant pike in Lake Windermere??? late 1970s or early 1980s

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• 1 month later...

I read a book about a HUGE PIKE in the lake district

It was called PIKE ( funnily enough ) i think it was James Herbert that wrote it he also wrote the "rats" trilogy

If i remember it was an ok book. :blink: