Hello all. New here. Scottish Kayak/rock fisher

Jaffa

Jaffa,

hi dude.....surfs up :D:D:P .

Re the Bass fishing,what type of grounds are you working up there ?

Are you straight into deep waters or does the bed drop off slowly?

Have you any shallow reefs 20/30 feet.

We dont tend to work the surf line much, if we do, we sit off, behind the breakers and cast into, and along, paralell to the beach.

Most of our fishing consists of lure working,

over the shallow reefs here.

Now we have the digital I will take some pics of the places we fish,.....you can pin them to your wall and,DREAM:p :P:D .

Cheers for now.

Yakity. :)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YY, I would'nt swop my local reefs - I like things here just the way they are . Still to see a wave in one of your photos :D Dam soft Southerners :P

Have fairly shallow sloping sand beaches that i have never fished but keep hearing about Bass being taken on them.

Usually im either close in to a sloping rock shore, on really hard kelpy ground in 20/30ft, or further off in 30/60 ft depth with 1ft - 6 ft rocky reefs rising out of a sandy seabed.

Navigation is done by creel marker buoys :)

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

hi yakety how ya doin?!? thought of you today we were sat on the beach at altea, watching two guys fishing from yaks around a reef that is about 200mts offshore. just too far to see if they were catching unfortunatly.it was 36c in the shade :P:D today, and the sea was as flat as a kippers cock, so they were paddling about quite slowly!!i saw a company advertising yaks in a mag here.www.omei-kayak.com its in spanish obviously,and the english translation is awful!but still, worth a nose.sorry to read about all your wind and rain, we now have to wait till sept normally to see a drop of the wet stuff!!!har har!best wishes. :D

Yakity - Yak:

I think posting that rather large picture has bu**erd my screen set up ??

Im haveing to scroll left and right to read the posts on this thread, can you delete that pic for me please,or can I do something this end.

LOL - not only your screen. It got everyone who looked on here.

I deleted the huge copy for you but if you had wanted, you could have done an edit and either removed the picture link or else posted your smaller version in there.

Removing the big picture is pretty much an instant cure. We occasionally see the same thing if someone puts in a long line with no spaces like

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but without the breaks.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Jaffa,

Sounds like you fish very simular ground to us.

Just not so many Bass :D:D:D .

You made a comment about waves, :confused:Please explain the word waves, its a word not used here very much,us southern folk have more scence, we dont bother when there a bumps on the water. :P , plays havoc with the C D player :D .

are you going to look into those hoop nets ?, sounds like it would be a bit of fun.

I looked it up on the site you posted,sounds like thier lobbies are fiesty little sods.

Cheers for now.

Yakity:)

:o:o :rolleyes.

Hi newt,

Well,....what can I say, apart from sorry everyone :) .

I know how annoying it was for me, let alone EVERYONE else :rolleyes: . Hopefully it wont happen again. Thanks for sorting it out Newt.

If ever you come over the pond, Ill buy you a beer for a everytime youve helped me out on here.You should go home as drunk as a skunk, and Ill be dollar less :D:)

As always I hope this mail finds you and yours in good health.

Cheers.

Captain-jones,

Hi there me old chicken chaser, we are all fine here thankyou :) . By the sounds of it your all ok to,.......36c :P:P:P .

Its no good sitting on the beach watching them fish,....go buy a Yak and get in there. :D

They were proberbly paddleing slow because it was so calm,so as not to spook the fish.

Either that or they were to hot and conserveing energy :D ........must be hell for :them :rolleyes .

Sadly we havent been out this weekend, nasty old weather here.

Cant wait till we move over there in the future.

Have you been out with the rod at all,? any luck or no?

Well capn, Ill be off now,great to hear from you again.

Cheers .

Yakity :)

hi yakity, i hope to get out later this week for a bash at the mullet,i like to fish from the outside edge of the breakwater at altea when i can,you would do very well im sure with your kayaks here , there are hundreds of metres of breakwater with virtually no access by foot. besides the bass, we have fish called palometon, and anjovas. both very agressive predators, that are caught both by live baiting and by lure fishing.anjovas go up to 110cm, and the palometon have been caught up to 180cm, they will come right up to the beach or rocks some times, when they are chasing prey. a wire trace is essential for these , as they chomp through mono with ease.i had one take a small mullet i had caught, last year, i ended up reeling in just the head!hmm!anyway hope you have better weather next weekend, best wishes. :cool: :)

Hi Capn,

Glad to hear your getting the rod out :D .

Those breakwaters sound interesting, Iwould love to spend a day out there on the yak.

We were in Alcudia last year, and I got friendly with two Spanish lads while fishing of the jetties, both the lads spoke fairly good English,better than my Spanish :o:o .

They told me about the Palometon, and pointed some out one evening on the jettie, yoyur right they do come very close to shore.

I had a fish on while live baiting off the jetty one day,and did it ever go like a steam train,

it stipped off a good few meters of line 10lb

and then snapped off. The power in the fish was terrific, cant be sure it was one,but it was certainly stronger and more aggressive than a Bass.

Like you say, a wire trace is a must for they there critters :D:D:D

Hope to get off of Beer this weekend, around to Seaton Hole, luvely jubbly.

Well mate Ill leave you in peace now.

Cheers