Photo of the Month - February Onwards

Steve Randles

All photos entered into the comp will be viewable in a new tread at the end of the month here on the photo forum, but to vote, you will need to register at the new area..which is a simple process.

During the time I spent collecting info on the "pros and cons" I noticed that vote numbers where low (last comp was 28 votes total) and summised that the majority of those who voted where regulars in the photo area anyway...so they would wan to register anyway at the new area.

This is the only downside to the new area is that you have to register to take part, I could leave it open and allow guests to use the area but this would leve it open for abuse both in the picture posting and in the voting process, hence the required registration/

The whole ethos behind my doing this is to create new interaction and learning between the Photographers here, and to take into account what has been asked for by members in this area, whilst making the admin/workload easier to maintain...which it will be.

It takes 2 mins to register..

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Steve, it looks like a lot of hard work for you. Plus the re registering on another site, clicking to view etc. I'm not taking many pictures at the moment as my eye sight is bad and I'm waiting for another op so I'll give it a miss and see how things work out in a few months with it.

Hope it works for you, good luck with it.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

just answered my own questions!!!!

before I logged into An I tried clicking on the link for the Anglers Net Photography Competion Area at the end of Steve's post and it took me straight there and I could view the pictures,so I guess thats my concern resolved as I know many members of the other forums enjoy looking at our photographs and wouldn't have wanted that facility to be lost.

To try out the registering I have managed to get an account and post 2 pictures

so it must be easy.

Judith

Steve sure has done a lot of work,and I must say I quite like the idea of voting for each picture....and no pressure on the judge !!!!

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I love the idea of being able to give a rating for each picture, rather than just voting for one.

I'm no photographer, but I really enjoy seeing the competition entries each month - some of them are outstanding.

One small point though - although I've registered, I want to leave a comment for one of the photographs, but I can't seem to find how? Am I just being thick?

Janet

Thanks Judy, I've now found it!

Now I have another problem! I was playing around to see how easy it was (and it is, even for a numpty like me!) but I've now accidentally uploaded a picture which I really want to delete! Is there a way to remove a picture once posted?

Janet

would guess you will have to pm steve for that but will have a mess in my account

had ago janet but cannot see who to delete it ...hopefully Steve will explain to us....

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Guest voting

I totally agree - bad idea.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Brumagem Phil
Guest voting

I totally agree - bad idea.

Yup, this is OUR pics for OUR members....anyone else can booger orf!

My pics aint up to much at the mo but hoping to improve on this over time.

Well done to steve for putting in the time and effort..........well done to you! :)

Edited by Brumagem Phil

Thanks Judy, I've now found it!

Now I have another problem! I was playing around to see how easy it was (and it is, even for a numpty like me!) but I've now accidentally uploaded a picture which I really want to delete! Is there a way to remove a picture once posted?

Janet

You can now edit the Photo's details or delete it as required.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet