Photo of the Month - February Onwards

Steve Randles

Not got time to look at the new comp site but have had time to read coments whilst I drink my morning cuppa! Sounds interesting, and streamlined, set up must have been a lot of work for you Steve, well done.

Practicality . . . I will not register untill I have the new computer up and running, hopfully it will be a smooth process next weekend??? :blink: What was that . . . 'Pink elephants might fly' <_<

SW

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, many thanks for all the time and hard work in setting this up, Steve. I'm sure we all appreciate the effort that everyone (not forgetting Mr Wiggly) has put into the competition on our behalf.

I've voted on every single comp since they started except when I couldn't decide which entry to vote for. This was the case last month. The new format means I can give the highest marks to 2 or more photos. Excellent!

I also like it that we can all vote. To begin with it means a lot less work for a single judge. Additionally pictures are very much a matter of taste and what appeals to one person may not appeal to others. When deciding which pic to vote for I simply ask myself whether I'd like to have the picture on my wall.

Finally, I also welcome the ability to add comments. We can all learn from these - especially me!

So congratulations on the new format, and thanks again for all the work.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Would it be possible to make it anonymous?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Would it be possible to make it anonymous?

Den

Yes possibly, thats an option on my "to do" list, along with several other items. I'm currently working on the admin side of things.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Just registered and informed that an automatic e-mail was winging its way to me :) It may have been hijacked by terrorists as after 30 mins it still aint arrived :o

Nope,just checked again,still not there. Oh God do not say I have broke the new website already!!

Mr Luddite :P:rolleyes:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Done. Now only admin can see who has uploaded which Photo's.

Steve...:)

Yeah, or people who read the admins comments on the pictures ;)

Can't see the point of annonymity myself. Most user names are annonymous anyway, if that's what people wanted. Name and shame or better still, be proud of yourself and post away, comments will be constructive suggestions at worst.

Rob.

The photo poster must be a registered member of AN. Beyond that, if some prefer not to have the names publicly displayed, what's the harm?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The point of anonymity is that it is only the picture that is being judged.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic