Anyone brave it today and how did you do?

JV44

I met up with mates in another boat and we struggled big time ,Matt in the other boat missed 2 runs early then his boat partner for the day Mick had the cheek to sneak out a jack.

I blanked big stylee and couldnt even get the Chub to feed ,lots of other boats out and anglers on the bank but everyone i spoke to had blanked to so i didnt feel to bad untill cries of one nill one nill one nill and ask them whats the score ask them ask them whats the score ,you can really go off people in this angling lark :D .

Anyone else give it a go ? Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes had a couple of hours at Northcroft trotting maggots, lost what would have been a PB Chub second trot but only reeled in a straight hook in the end. That seemed to kill the swim so a wander about produced a couple of small Dace and a Gudgeon. By the time I got back there was a barbeller entrenched in the swim.

I explored further down past the footie pitch behind the public car park. There's a number of good places to fish there if you're happy to scramble through the undergrowth, final retrieve of the day resulted in a Pike bite off so that was that for me.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Yes had a couple of hours at Northcroft trotting maggots, lost what would have been a PB Chub second trot but only reeled in a straight hook in the end. That seemed to kill the swim so a wander about produced a couple of small Dace and a Gudgeon. By the time I got back there was a barbeller entrenched in the swim.

I explored further down past the footie pitch behind the public car park. There's a number of good places to fish there if you're happy to scramble through the undergrowth, final retrieve of the day resulted in a Pike bite off so that was that for me.

Unlucky Rusty its suprising what can turn up in those little streams eh! ,did you access it from the back of the carpark or force your way through from higher up /// Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I was busy today, so didn't get to benefit from the huge temperature increase. With that, the wind and the dropping pressure I bet there are a lot of expectant carpers out there tonight...

I had a nice morning trotting with Rich yesterday though, I couldn't believe how hard fish of all species were feeding in the arctic temperatures. The line was constantly freezing in the rigs. It was the coldest day yet for me this year, but the dace, chub and perch didn't seem to mind :) It was warmer in the water than on the bank, so I waded out in my wellies (should have worn moonboots, my feet were freezing) whenever possible to warm them up a bit :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Unlucky Rusty its suprising what can turn up in those little streams eh! ,did you access it from the back of the carpark or force your way through from higher up /// Steve.

From the back of the car park is easy access provided you haven't already set up your rod, it looks legit i.e. no fence climbing involved. There's a couple of obvious swims and some guys turned up to recce while I was there so I guess it's known about. Once I know how to fish for Pike I'll be going back.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

From the back of the car park is easy access provided you haven't already set up your rod, it looks legit i.e. no fence climbing involved. There's a couple of obvious swims and some guys turned up to recce while I was there so I guess it's known about. Once I know how to fish for Pike I'll be going back.

Let me know when you are going and i will meet you there [invite myself face :D ] you mentioned the magic word Pike Steve.

Lol, I saw your thread had an attachment Steve and thought 'bloody hell, he's done it again!' :huh:

Tried the River Ember, the Mole as it reaches the Thames, the Thames at Sunbury Ait, and a little backwater further upstream. 4 different venues, a dozen or so swims, four lots of getting the gear in the car, out the car, etc. :rolleyes:

According to my thermometer (actually the thermometer probe on my multi-meter), water temps were 2C, 1C, 1C, and 1C again respectively. Don't know how accurate that is, but the upstream lock cut at Sunbury was iced over and apparently canoe-proof, although the young chap did have a good run-up! At my last venue, I made the mistake of putting my hand in the water to adjust my submerged bank stick, and my hand was numb by the time I'd finished.

Blanked. Tried every chuby or perchy looking place, cheese paste, bread flake, cheese/bread combo, lobworm, luncheon meat. Even tried some novel new places (tree top in front, tree top behind).

I did get a couple of taps, but they were probably just debris passing. I did see a fish doing something (is that half a point?) three or fours times on the surface at the Ember, maybe trying to escape from a pike? Too far away and too brief a glimpse to tell any more.

Otherwise a lovely day, quite warm until the sun went down, a fair few other anglers about, and I didn't hear of anyone else catching either.

You weren't at Molesley by any chance Budgie at about midday? If you were, I think maybe you and a mate stopped to ask me how I was doing.

Geoff