Self-Defence on the bank

Gaffer

you "stamp/kick" downwards on the outside of the knee thus dislocating it and stoping any chance of being chased (or anything else really cos they can't stand properly) the pain is increible...i know cos as a doorman i've had it done to me, unfortunely for the guy who did it he said "get a grip" so i grabbed him round the throat and asked if it was good enough just as he did the kick/stamp so my entire bodyweight (17st+) was diverted from my legs to my "grip" :)

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing most people havent thought about on this thread is the enviroment they are in.

for example now the winter months are comming anglers tend to "suit up" acordingly, eg wellys pairs of jeans with jog bottoms underneath or all in one padded suits well you get the picture.

As an ex Shotokan Karate instructor I know that tryin to fight off some would be atacker in these would be in possible, (summer months in t shirt and shorts yes may be). as for the running away bit if you feel confedent of out running them in ya wellys after sitting in one position in the cold for hours see how far ya get.

So whats the alternative, DONT PUT YOUR SELF IN THE POSITION IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Dont go on your own.... its more fun in a gang any way.

Choose when you fish carefully....is it worth walking miles down a canal just to fish your fav swim

Fish light...save the milos and 14mt poles for safer venues, if you do need to get away fast its easyer to just grab a rod and chair than half ya garden shed.

As for wepons there are enough things in you tackle box to use other than "gutting knives".

In the right hands a hook tier could be just as deadly and not considered a wepon.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Dear All,

As any street wise Trent night fisher knows, the best way to deter a would be attacker come tackle thief is as follows;

Fish in a brightly coloured party frock, pink is good, don heavily applied make up over two day old stubble or beard. Wear a badly fitting blonde wig, sheer stockings over boar hair legs. Footwear white sling-backs daubed in mud.

Sit on chair mumbling quietly whilst rocking two and fro.

Complete this self defense stance by having a sharp axe in ones lap.

If the above fails to deter, use the axe with forcefull blows.

Absolutely no good doing a runner in the tight party frock and sling-backs.

Regards,

Mad Axe Mandy.

I didn't know that the Trent ran through Clapam Common.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.