Look what I have done to your hooks Newt!

Snatcher

Oh Newt your poor hooks look decidedly like "gay boys" now. All of the colours in the rainbow and more!. Went into my local haberdashery shop to buy the usual teddy bear goo-goo eyes and noticed some different gear. Have made up one lure with silver eyes and one with gold eyes. See what you think of them. Hope to do all the epoxy resin heads tomorrow and post up the picture Sat/Sun. Try not to bust your stitches when you start laughing mind!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan Taylor:

I would like to see some 6/0 or 8/0 circle hooks available for the bigger Bass and Cod using baits.

Finally got out of the house this afternoon. Found circle hooks in the numbers I wanted so you will have a pack of each 6/0 (6 hooks), 7/0 (6), 8/0 (5), 9/0 (4), 10/0 (3) in the post first part of next week.

I tried to stay with one brand since the actual sizes are all over the place for any given number size but had to mix them a little.

6/0 & 7/0 are Gamakatsu Octopus Circles and the rest are Owner SSW Circles. Very similar designs and out of the package I doubt you could tell one brand from the other. All are extra wide gap, up eye, bronze. The owners do have a slightly sharper inturn on the point and maybe a smidge more barb.

Posted Image Posted Image

[ 15. January 2005, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Will tie up a selection of lures on the new hooks and post some back to you. Will do a picture of my "gay girls" in a few hours and tag it on here.

toodle pip for now

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Newt tell me what colours and patterns you prefer or better still if you can put up a piccy of your favourites

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Posted Image

Look Newt,"gay" flies on your hooks LOL.Like I say Newt giz a picture of some of your favourite lures/flies and I will tie a few up on your circle hooks and post them across the pond.

Bottom 2 tied on the blood hooks have metal eyes. I know they will reflect more light than the standard goo-goo eyes but will they catch more fish????

Note the larger goo-goo eyes,I think they will produce more strikes,what do you think?

Just hope you get to try some out shortly but please listen to the doc.

Off to the pub!

[ 15. January 2005, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Snatcher - that is an offer I'd be a total fool to refuse. I'll put up some pictures tomorrow (well, later today. It's 0100 my time now).

And FWIW, I do subscribe to the big eyes to attract preds idea.

Some of those you pictured would be right at home during Carnival in New Orleans. Wonderful looking flies.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Have got some ideas for the crayfish project Newt - trust me!

Ian Burrett fancies trying to catch a tope on a lure,he does not think it has been done yet.He is posting me down a few hooks for the job and I am gonna tie up a mackerel type lure for that. Would be geat if he manages to do it and put up a posting on AN.

Bye for now mate

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair