Article 47

Snatcher

Last report I saw from you Barry mentioned no fish at all, when I questioned if you'd actually caught anything you refused to comment in case someone used it against you. I still have the message you sent me asking me not to ask about catching fish. Looks to me like you live in fear of those nicely balanced commercial friends of yours.

Two of my commercial mates also take us rsa out in the summer, unfortunatly, they have to as there is not enough trade for them during the winter, i'm sure you will understand, so we don't have secrets. The one you have linked us to Glennk was one magical day last year. I have to concede yet again i have been out quite a few more times and caught a heck of a lot more since then, 30-35 miles off as you can see not many chances of that you have to agree, yes we had a good fishing time and caught quite a few fish. Before home time Chris Caines boat left first, we followed after agreeing enough was enough and we went inshore for some mackerel. How can something like this be used against me when we all know that line fishing is sustainable, even the minister is agreeing that the eu haven't got this 47 proposel right this week, you would have to agree with that don't you.

You think i'm hiding something. If you like i can certainly give you the skippers name and phone number for you to have a chat to him. You have only to ask. Feel free.

Got any questions about 47 you wish to ask. Feel free.

Anyone want to try some decent fishing this weekend,on the south coast, look at deepsea.co.uk There are late avalibility places.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only when the Clerks' (CFO and Deputy) attention was drawn to the wording ALL VESSELS that it was applied to include over 40s fishing boats of all disciplines as late as 2006. I had some very cross words with the CFOs Deputy but to no avail, partly because I had just stepped down as a Committee member; but also because the rather politically naive administrators backed themselves into a corner from which they cared not to escape.

It's wrong for folks to assume that SSFDC suddenly decided to stick the knife into the Weymouth and other 40+ Charter boats.

In my opinion the CFO and Deputy could have easily found common ground (as the Wales SFC did) to exclude rod and line anglers on Charter Boats from the long-standing Byelaw.

You make a very valid point about 'SAFETY' as many of the larger Charter vessels often were able to offer their clients a fun-days fishing to the lee of Portland in rough weather.

Now they have to make decisions and navigate through some treacherous waters to reach 6 miles.

:angry:

I know it's off topic but who cares. :) There was a meeting within the last month to have by-law 16 amended, it failed. During the meeting it was brought to the chairmans attention that the sfc vote on the continuation of excluding passenger angling vessels over twelve, within 6 miles was flawed due to miss-information being provided at the sfc meeting last year. That hasn't been resolved as yet. There is also another new proposel to include passenger angling vessels to provide detailed log book catches both under and over twelve. This could last for a period of five years and would allow the over twelves to fish inside the limit, for scientific purposes, naturally. Going to find out more this weekend.

16 issue will not go away untill common sence comes into play.

I have fished right up against portland harbour during crap weather H A, and good fun it is and it means the skippers get paid.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Brian,

Ian is our offshore manager and is often found onboard.

Next time your close alongside come on board, you will be made welcome and I will give you a full tore round.

Or better still we can make some arrangements if you want a day at sea with us.

Regards.

That sounds good to me, if you can arrange a day on the Guardian it would it think be a real eye opener

I turned down a trip out on the old Guardian when I was a member of the NESFC some years ago and always wished I'd gone for a run out with them

I'll be out fishing on Sunday on someone elses boat but mine will be going in the water this week, keep your eyes peeled for a blue pebble anywhere between Redcar and Boulby, it'll have me and my lad in it, it'll be easy to recognise as it'll be the one full to the gunnels with prime spraggs :lol:

You can mention my name to Ian and see if he remembers me but he'll certainly remember Ray Preston ( now in Coastwatch and formally of the RNLI) as he used to live a couple of doors down from his dad

Guest challenge
Bring back binatone, he would have sorted Leon out.
Well when he had people backing him (Leon) with quotes like this I suppose someone had to have a go at him.

Just had the very same conversation on the phone with BC. That is why Bass angling is on the up and cod angling is about to die. The Bass guys have people like Leon, Steve Pitts and Steve Coppollo to name but a few who say things in the right places to the right people. They raised money, placed adverts, gathered informtion, lobbeyed the politiceans, gave grief to Sea Angler magazine and most of all werent intimidated by commercial fishermen who told them to shut up.. The Cod anglers have a whole list of people who wont stand up and be counted. Not an attack on anyone but how many have even ever put pen to paper about the burning issues they have?? Too worried what will be said next time they go for a cheap pint in the fishermans club - Why bother the place smells of fish anyways.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
The new Control Regulation is to be discussed and voted by the Council of Ministers in June, for possible final adoption in the second half of 2009.

http://ec.europa.eu/fisheries/press_corner...com09_23_en.htm

(Article 47 is contained within the Control Regulation)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I got this one today .... my 'chums' at Defra -

22/04/2009 12:36

Department for Environment, Food And Rural Affairs (National)

(DEFRA) UK welcomes Fishing Policy reform proposals

UK Fisheries Minister Huw Irranca-Davies has welcomed far-reaching proposals for the future of European fisheries.

"We want ambitious reform that integrates fisheries management with that of the wider marine environment.

... and to enable fishermen to land more fish whilst catching less."

Well. at least that's clear, then?

Sorted.

B)

Ahhh yes, mud coloured. No different to these comments from mr bogey then:

quote, European Commissioner for Fisheries and Maritime Affairs Joe Borg said: "The European Parliament sent a clear signal today........................

In its report voted today, the EP underlined that, for a control system to be effective, everybody has to be treated equally......................

It is important to the Commission that a revised Control system covers all aspects of the CFP. In that respect, the Commission welcomes the fact that a definition of "recreational fisheries" is provided for and that the Parliament foresees that where recreational fishery is found to have a significant impact, catches should count against the quotas. Moreover, the EP agreed with the Commission that the marketing of catches from recreational fishing should be prohibited.................

Does that mean that we, the uk are equal to the rsa on the continent then, where they would not be allowed to sell any of their catch anymore. That will be very painfull as their rsa have made a living at it. Can you see that coming to pass?

Fear not, my boys ....

Defra are in 'freefall' .... they're sending the Canadians home and discovering that RSA impact is a fraction of the Grand Banks 'thingy'.

As in (Defears) -

Distribution of anglers’ catches (number of fish) in a major sea angling

competition.

Average number of fish caught per angler by those weighing in was 2,

but this fell to 0.4 if those not weighing were assumed not to have caught any fish.

If they carry on like this they'll be outa jobs!

I've seen their new Handbook.

Most encouraging :angry: .

B)