Article 47

Snatcher

Anymore thoughts on my comments on Salter and Roskilly, if you can manage to pull yourself from Leon's rear end that is' ?

You are funny Glenn, nice one, thats what i'm expecting from you well done, most informative. :)

any way, these secretive nffo slageroff's, don't you think that org has enough of it's own problems now that bertie and co have taken the best part's of the membership, it could be construed as a rear guard action on thier part, don't you think.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then, once more:

Quote:

......................So are you still living in fear of people knowing you catch fish or have you finally come out of denial and accepted that even people on the south coast catch and kill fish for their own use. You say you find posting pictures of fish boring ? To me that illustrates fully your angling credentials. Your more interested in sucking up to commercial fishermen, sfc members and employees in here than joining your fellow anglers in discussions on the one that got away - Nice One Barry thats just amazing.

First sentance i have already replied to. Second has been twisted by you. Do you really want me to put up a foto's of every single double figure fish, what all thirty of them, thats what i would find boring. Still i will see what i can do for you, then feel free to congratulate me on the captures. :)

Sucking up to commercials and sfc members, only in your mind. More assumptions that you are getting wrong. I don't have a problem with anyone who carries out thier business and complys with the rules, do you? When they don't is another issue completly. Sfc members, Feel free to check back with any postings i have made on this forum, the over twelve by-law issue in particular.

Do you fancy commenting on my Leon quote. Nothing from you on that so far. As it happens i agree with it. If that is sucking, then i'm up for that one. Guilty, apart from the fact that he was speaking as a rsa.

One more small point, if you care to have a look at some of me posts on the sea fishing forum, you will see quite alot of discussion from me regarding angling. Have a look, feel free you might be amazed.

final apologies for appearing sarcastic, i was forced into it. naughty me. I blame Snatcher for putting up such an emotive subject :) I do concede within the fishey world i do have rsa, commercial and also sfc mates. I consider that a nice balance.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Last report I saw from you Barry mentioned no fish at all, when I questioned if you'd actually caught anything you refused to comment in case someone used it against you. I still have the message you sent me asking me not to ask about catching fish. Looks to me like you live in fear of those nicely balanced commercial friends of yours. Edited by glennk

Do you really want me to put up a foto's of every single double figure fish, what all thirty of them, thats what i would find boring. Still i will see what i can do for you, then feel free to congratulate me on the captures. :)

Barry, I could claim to catch 10 double figure fish every time I go fishing. The fact is who is going to believe me ?

If you had posted up your double figure fish at time of capture in the angling forum then I would have congratulated you as I just love to see good fish caught in UK waters. It defeats all the arguments of those loosers who spend vast amounts of time trying to convince the government that UK sea fishing is knackered. Sadly If you post them up now, Ill just think your trying to prove a point like the already mentioned loosers. The moment is lost Barry, your catches have passed by and likely will only ever be remembered by yourself.

Edited by glennk

Quote Leon, again. :)

“I’m immensely reassured that the UK Government is backing the country’s recreational sea anglers on the issue of Article 47, including the many businesses and coastal communities that rely upon visiting sea anglers for their livelihoods. The Minister’s stated position on Article 47 reflects the effort put in by the Angling Trust, clubs and individual anglers to alert DEFRA to the damage that these proposals could do to a sector that is incredibly important to so many, and which is widely regarded as having minimal impact on fish-stocks.”

He added:-

“That the Government is prepared to listen to our concerns, at a time when anglers are reeling from mounting threats to our passion, gives every angler hope for the future. We look forward to a continued and robust defence of the rights and freedoms enjoyed by the nation’s anglers, against all unnecessary bureaucratic restrictions.”

Yes, any time his idols want something said on behalf of sea anglers, they wheel him out. I'm sure he's proved to be very useful to them over the years.

Shame he has been no use at all to anglers, though.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

If you had posted up your double figure fish at time of capture in the angling forum then I would have congratulated you as I just love to see good fish caught in UK waters. It defeats all the arguments of those loosers who spend vast amounts of time trying to convince the government that UK sea fishing is knackered. Sadly If you post them up now, Ill just think your trying to prove a point like the already mentioned loosers. The moment is lost Barry, your catches have passed by and likely will only ever be remembered by yourself.

Already thinking about and will be moving on to the summer fish, blonde ray and conger eels, so we won't really remember what has been caught in the spring. I'll post them and you can start clapping if you want. I have to concede i have yet to catch a double figure bass, not quite but i will see if i can get a foto of one for you as well, unless you beat me to it. :)

Why don't you open a post regarding the condition of the fish stocks then, as you appear to have an opinion on it. Look forward to the debate.

Barry, I could claim to catch 10 double figure fish every time I go fishing. The fact is who is going to believe me ?

But glen you actually do catch double figure fish these 2 lovellys last week with me one was 21lb and the other was 17lb you kicked my arse that day.

glennscod.jpg

Just a little bit more on glen i am sure elton wont mind just this once it should be on the sea angling forum

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...hp?topic=9335.0

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Bitch, bitch, bitch ... see above. :rolleyes:

any support from the commercial fishing industry anglers never will the proof is in the pudding if you look what the ssfc keep comeing out with and to ban a angling boat aback of 6 mile when he is taking passengers is outragous on safety grounds.
- Big Cod

Justa little technical point, Biggy.

The SSFDC (I have to assume that is your reference?) passed a Byelaw as long ago as 1990 banning Over 12s (40 footers) from 6miles from baselines.

The rule was intended to protect the commercial Under 10s and static gear guys from beamers and the like trawling through their gear at night.

It was actually rescinded in the mid-90s, but then re-instated shortly after.

It was only when the Clerks' (CFO and Deputy) attention was drawn to the wording ALL VESSELS that it was applied to include over 40s fishing boats of all disciplines as late as 2006. I had some very cross words with the CFOs Deputy but to no avail, partly because I had just stepped down as a Committee member; but also because the rather politically naive administrators backed themselves into a corner from which they cared not to escape.

It's wrong for folks to assume that SSFDC suddenly decided to stick the knife into the Weymouth and other 40+ Charter boats.

In my opinion the CFO and Deputy could have easily found common ground (as the Wales SFC did) to exclude rod and line anglers on Charter Boats from the long-standing Byelaw.

You make a very valid point about 'SAFETY' as many of the larger Charter vessels often were able to offer their clients a fun-days fishing to the lee of Portland in rough weather.

Now they have to make decisions and navigate through some treacherous waters to reach 6 miles.

:angry:

Bitch, bitch, bitch ... see above. :rolleyes:

- Big Cod

Justa little technical point, Biggy.

The SSFDC (I have to assume that is your reference?) passed a Byelaw as long ago as 1990 banning Over 12s (40 footers) from 6miles from baselines.

The rule was intended to protect the commercial Under 10s and static gear guys from beamers and the like trawling through their gear at night.

It was actually rescinded in the mid-90s, but then re-instated shortly after.

It was only when the Clerks' (CFO and Deputy) attention was drawn to the wording ALL VESSELS that it was applied to include over 40s fishing boats of all disciplines as late as 2006. I had some very cross words with the CFOs Deputy but to no avail, partly because I had just stepped down as a Committee member; but also because the rather politically naive administrators backed themselves into a corner from which they cared not to escape.

It's wrong for folks to assume that SSFDC suddenly decided to stick the knife into the Weymouth and other 40+ Charter boats.

In my opinion the CFO and Deputy could have easily found common ground (as the Wales SFC did) to exclude rod and line anglers on Charter Boats from the long-standing Byelaw.

You make a very valid point about 'SAFETY' as many of the larger Charter vessels often were able to offer their clients a fun-days fishing to the lee of Portland in rough weather.

Now they have to make decisions and navigate through some treacherous waters to reach 6 miles.

:angry:

HA i would say it its an extremly good valid point on the safety issue with the 6 mile limit i can understand it with boats towing as it can be litterally ruin the smaller guys working potts and netts if there gear is towed away but to bring angling boats into the equasion who pose no threat to static gear seems strange to say the least maybe pressure from a different source to bring a change on this silly rule needs adressing i am sure safety could be a massive barganing tool.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge

Hello

Just back from another sea patrol. Am so pleased that you have sorted out your differences while I have been away, so nice to see everybody getting on so well on this holy day. :rolleyes:

Looks as if Barry is in the firing line at the moment, still suppose that gives Leon a rest.

Could Leon be winning every battle because he has yet to use any bullets?

what the hell has photo’s of double figured fish, who is friendly with who and who said what in some public house, got to do with article 47?

I think it might be best to Waite till June to find out what the outcome of the article is going to be.

O by the way, we had a good day today. :thumbs:

Regards.