WE WILL GET OUR VOICE ACROSS

big_cod

You tell us the way forward then, don't tell us to put our head in the sand in the hope that the men in suits will go away, don't forget they have thier pensions and expenses and wages to consider.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You tell us the way forward then, don't tell us to put our head in the sand in the hope that the men in suits will go away, don't forget they have thier pensions and expenses and wages to consider.

Join the countryside alliance and fight to defend your sport. Until the RSA lobby grows a backbone, that's our best option.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

The more i read to more it amaizes me about the so called organizations who are supposingly representing anglers sacn have a membership of what 500 members how the hell do they represent over 100000 anglers in the uk its all rubbish .

If they wanted to collect some proper data they need send somebody to count discards then all this crap about anglers emptying the sea of fish would be forgoten about instantly .

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The more i read to more it amaizes me about the so called organizations who are supposingly representing anglers sacn have a membership of what 500 members how the hell do they represent over 100000 anglers in the uk its all rubbish .

If they wanted to collect some proper data they need send somebody to count discards then all this crap about anglers emptying the sea of fish would be forgoten about instantly .

paul.

But Paul somebody has been counting discards and the problem is being addressed as we speak,

the problem of anglers has yet to be.

Just thinking like a fisheries manager you understand.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Guest challenge

paul.

Paul.

If as you say these people who are saying that they are representing anglers are actually a misrepresentation of the millions of recreational sea anglers, then where the hell or who the hell are representing the masses?

As wurzel says the discard problem is being and has been addressed and the commercial fishermen of today weather they are less than 10m or over, are more under the microscope than they have ever been.

I don’t for one moment think that anybody has said that anglers are “emptying the sea” but if they are asking questions aggressively about the commercial industry and are wanting more say on the future of there hobby (and rightly so) then they have to first show some sort of accountability.

The marine bill is (so I am told) being introduced for the benefit of all stakeholders who use the marine environment and therefore every stakeholder must be accountable for there own actions and contributions to that environment.

You keep mentioning “jobs for the boys Paul” well I have just returned from a 96 hour week at sea and the last thing that these “boys” want is more work. So the best of luck to you.

Regards.

Edited by challenge

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

No longer a member of the SACN Executive Group, now as an ordinary member of SACN, I would urge the SACN Exec to support the SSACN position.

Regards, Leon

Any update on this, have SACN followed SSACN's lead and if not why not ??????????????

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

So, RSA conservation groups support MPA's? RSA conservation groups actually support no fishing zones? And before anyone jumps up and says that anglers will still be allowed to fish in them, PROVE IT! I've been hearing the same old bull for too long now about how the RSA lobby know what they are doing and how it's all under control. Well, it clearly isn't all under control. Leon and Co have been wrong too many times now and have no right, whatsoever, to make any claim to represent anglers. RSA conservation groups? Don't make me laugh. You are selling us all down the river. Call yourselves something else, because you have no right to associate yourselves with sea anglers, or the good of sea angling.

Look no further than the first trial area at Flamborough head. Not sure how far along it is yet but the words at the meeting were. No Walkers, No winklers, No Dogs, No Dog Walkers, No Boats, No Commercial fishermen, No Pots, No Lines, No Divers, No Water Skiers, No Wake Boarding, No Float tubing, No Bait digging, no bait pumping, No anglers, no fishing.

When I asked about walking or fishing from the cliff top - You guessed it "No one is allowed on the cliff top, its got rare grasses we would like to protect".

One of the most salient points raised was from John of Northbay angling in Bridlington who asked. Who is protecting the angler as they are more endangered than anything that lives in the water, and my business depends on them.

You all need to wake up and ****ing fast.

Edited by glennk

Look no further than the first trial area at Flamborough head. Not sure how far along it is yet but the words at the meeting were. No Walkers, No winklers, No Dogs, No Dog Walkers, No Boats, No Commercial fishermen, No Pots, No Lines, No Divers, No Water Skiers, No Wake Boarding, No Float tubing, No Bait digging, no bait pumping, No anglers, no fishing.

When I asked about walking or fishing from the cliff top - You guessed it "No one is allowed on the cliff top, its got rare grasses we would like to protect".

One of the most salient points raised was from John of Northbay angling in Bridlington who asked. Who is protecting the angler as they are more endangered than anything that lives in the water, and my business depends on them.

Does that mean you have changed your attitude of ignoring them, go fishing, in the hope that they will go away then.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Sorry Glenn but has this changed again, I know I missed a meeting recently, but that is nothing like what I thought we had agreed with Natural England at the formulation meeting.

I stand to be corrected but walkers, dogs or anyone walking a dog were to be allowed, there are no navigation issues so boats cannot be prohibited neither can water skiers, jet skiers, wake boarders, float tubing or sailing craft. It is an experimental no take zone (NTZ) so it follows that any extraction of flora and fauna is prohibited by any means (commercial, recreational or by random picking by the general public (including winkles)). Commercial fishermen are not excluded per se, they can travel through the site but they cannot use any gears in the zone which extends from Sewerby Steps to the Salmon/bass licence near to Danes Dyke.

This zone was chosen and proposed by local sea anglers and commercial fishermen in response to Natural Englands pursuit of a similar zone at a site (to be decided by them) at Flamborough Head. Such a site would of had a significant impact to the local charter fleet, local sea angling clubs, individual anglers and over 50 privately owned boats who fish the area, notwithstanding the commercial fleet at Bridlington and Flamborough, and the Salmon netters. Faced with the loss of the area, we worked with local commercial lads to identify a site that might achieve Natural Englands targets without significantly impacting both recreational and commercial sectors.

I am happy that we have achieved this (well I thought I was :schmoll: ), although I'm sure we would all have preferred not to have gone through the process at all. You can be assured that fishing off the cliffs in this zone is not an issue, unless you can cast 500 or 600 yds and use a kite, although the site you referred to already has an extensive closed period and has for quite some time. From an angling perspective, there is essentially very little angling, if any, carried out along that stretch. North Beach up to Sewerby Steps is fished quite a lot, particularly for club and open matches and the occasional international match, but this venue is outside the NTZ site boundary, there is no real boat fishing carried out until north of Danes Dyke, so the NTZ is hardly an angling hotspot, the same is the case with the commercial lads, which is why the site maybe attractive to Natural England, as the only impacts are due to naturally occuring circumstances.

If things have changed can you put them up for all to see how Natural England change their minds after striking agreements.

Hi Nigel,

That was the proposal at the 1 meeting I did attend, after that I lost the will to live. I can not sit in a room with representatives of Natural England without getting a strong urge to put my hands around their necks.

I assume that things changed since that meeting and now everyone is allowed in. Well done to those of you who got them to see it differently. But hand on heart that was the proposal for the meeting I went to and the fisheries officer said he was happy to work on the appropriate byelaws. Sounds good news that it was turned around. How sure are you that you can do it all again when the trial period is over and the next target area is south landing to north landing (Just for examples sake)?