Night Fishing and Ghostly Happenings?

BoldBear

I have just been reading a chapter of Chris Yates ‘The Deepening Pool’ called Night Fishing (Chapter IX) where he wrote about ghostly happenings at night at a Carp pool that he once fished and it reminded me of a small 3 acre pool that I fish which is set in woodland in the middle of an estate in Hertfordshire. Where there are lots of accounts of ghostly happenings over the years and where often the atmosphere becomes thick and chilly and you hear and see strange things if you let your mind wander but at other times it becomes welcoming and warm.

Has anyone got any ghostly tales that they can relate to us about the waters they fish?.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just been reading a chapter of Chris Yates ‘The Deepening Pool’ called Night Fishing (Chapter IX) where he wrote about ghostly happenings at night at a Carp pool that he once fished and it reminded me of a small 3 acre pool that I fish which is set in woodland in the middle of an estate in Hertfordshire. Where there are lots of accounts of ghostly happenings over the years and where often the atmosphere becomes thick and chilly and you hear and see strange things if you let your mind wander but at other times it becomes welcoming and warm.

Has anyone got any ghostly tales that they can relate to us about the waters they fish?.

I went to a local carp fisherie and saw a few zombies fishing! :o

I've never got the proper fear, but I have felt uneasy a few times. I read some stories in one of Tony Miles' books, about him experiencing some terrifying things when fishing after dark at the Cherwell. Sometimes when I'm at the Cherwell in the dark I start remembering them...

The stories of the ghostly goings on at Redmire are pretty horrible too :o

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I read some stories in one of Tony Miles' books, about him experiencing some terrifying things when fishing after dark at the Cherwell. Sometimes when I'm at the Cherwell in the dark I start remembering them...

Care to expand a bit? :D Sounds like a good tale is there to be told!

wolf.gif

I've never got the proper fear, but I have felt uneasy a few times. I read some stories in one of Tony Miles' books, about him experiencing some terrifying things when fishing after dark at the Cherwell. Sometimes when I'm at the Cherwell in the dark I start remembering them...

The stories of the ghostly goings on at Redmire are pretty horrible too :o

c'mon man dont leave us hangin

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Sorry, I lent the book to a friend after reading it once so I can't elaborate very much! It's in Big Fish Angling: A Specimen Hunter Reflects. A really excellent book. But the spooky bits are chilling...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I went to a local carp fisherie and saw a few zombies fishing! :o

Err...........yeah......they'll be AN members..........I know who they are :D

Not really fishing but as a lad whilst aquiring pheasants under the cover of darkness i came across a mate doing the same without either of us realising that the other was out that night and we bumped into each other in the darkest spookiest bit of the wood and then legged it home scared stiff,It was only the next day after regailing everyone with tales of how we had avoided an army of Gamekeepers that it dawned on the two of us we had actualy bumped into each other and it wasnt a Gamekeeper or the fabled monster of the woods at all :D ,Think that when you are in the middle of nowhere in the pitch black of night on your tod anyones imagination will run away Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I used to fish a carp lake in Hertfordsire. it was known as the Temple Pool and I intended to fish it on my own one night. I never made it and packed up and ran around midnight. When telling Alan Brown of Hitchin that I had gone there for the night his very words were, Ï bet you never made it". I have had spooky experiences at other places but they could always be explained but there was just something about the Temple Pool that was really spooky and I never went there after dark after that one excursion.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.