Advice required

Snatcher

Thanks for all of that Peter :) So you would plumb for F11.Well I do have a remote release so will use a tripod then :rolleyes:

ISO?

White light balance?

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all of that Peter :) So you would plumb for F11.Well I do have a remote release so will use a tripod then :rolleyes:

ISO?

White light balance?

John

f11 @ 1/60th or 1/125th and set your ASA accordingly. White light, yes, you can always warm things up later.

Thanks everyone.If my mate Richard is ok with it may even stick a few of the shots onto here :rolleyes:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Why F11 Peter?

F11 at ISO800, indoors gives me a shutter speed of between 2-5 seconds, I wouldnt bother with ISO 1600, normally I wouldnt bother with 400 or 800 either, hence opening up the lense. Am I missing a trick?

Steve...:)

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Why F11 Peter?

F11 at ISO800, indoors gives me a shutter speed of between 2-5 seconds, I wouldnt bother with ISO 1600, normally I wouldnt bother with 400 or 800 either, hence opening up the lense. Am I missing a trick?

Steve...:)

Will be trying a few different settings on the day Steve and will certainly be including yours,cheers :) Have decided to try and meet the boys this morning for a bit of a chat.Will also take along a few sweets and a couple of "magic tricks" :rolleyes: I am actually up at this daft hour cos I have been planning the photoshoot in my head and cannot get to sleep!! :o

I will tell the lads about my magic camera and magic invisible dog. The deal is when they hear my magic invisible dog "Randles" :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: bark they have to look at the magic camera which makes them smile.

Am going to revive the old Morcambe and Wise paper bag trick,I will give them an invisible marble each to chuck into the air and I will catch them in the bag B) Sound like a plan or what.It will also give me chance to suss the room/rooms out.

Right off to make a cuppa

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Why f11? To allow for subject movement, for one thing. Although I suppose with an all singing, all dancing auto focus it isn't quite so important. Secondly to allow for a reasonable depth of field on the face.

Sweets? Bribery in other words, that can cause more problems than it solves! Promising a child something for being good often causes tension. Anyway, good luck!

Going up this afternoon to meet the kids,the sweets were just to break the ice a bit today :rolleyes: Just hunted out an old magic book and hurridly trying to relearn a few tricks to amaze the kids with.

Will keep you informed :whistling:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Why f11? To allow for subject movement, for one thing. Although I suppose with an all singing, all dancing auto focus it isn't quite so important. Secondly to allow for a reasonable depth of field on the face.

Whereas I would have gone for something at the other end of the scale if only to put the background out of focus. Well that's on individual portraits.

The website I mentioned before gives you all the stuff you need about framing shots etc. Just try loads of different settings and get in some practise before hand.

Edited by Colin Brett

Met the boys this afternoon and had a canny chuckle with them,lets see what tommorow brings team.Thanks for all the advice :thumbs:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair