What pod?

tbonejones

Severn Wolf:

Have you tried the carbon banksticks at all?

I haven't. The idea seemed interesting when they first came out a few years back when I was in the tackle trade. I can't remember now why I didn't follow it up though. Time probably as I was working on so many design projects in those days.

BTW, what I especially like about the King's banksticks is their long thin point. It goes into gravel with a lot less effort than a standard point. It's usually when you're trying to ram a bankstick into hard ground that it gets damaged.

So a carbon bankstick with its light weight matched with a long thin point might be the best of both worlds.

Unless of course you're a tackle tart who insists on stainless steel!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stainless steel, I dropped into that trap a few years ago! Sure it looks the danglies but the weight is a no-go!

I was really concerned with the carbon sticks that they wouldn`t take the abuse of hard ground or gravel swims well, it only needs one dink and the stick can fail.

wolf.gif

Has anyone tried the carbon banksticks? One worry I'd have is that they'd bend a bit. The result would be that they'd be difficult to get into hard ground as you couldn't apply enough downward force.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

What about the Titanium Banksticks marketed by Nash a few years ago?

They would combine the lightness of aluminium with durability od Stainless Steel th downside of course being the cost.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I use a combination of banksticks and pods (a solar stainless jobby). I have two rods on that all the time and have the other rod(s) on single banksticks. I also carry a spare pod in case I have to fish on platform type swims. I always point my rods to the bait, as much as possible plus you can keep the rods farther apart than 3 or 4 on a single pod. Thereby making the netting of fish much easier than having to juggle rods about.

Rob.

I was most interested in Vagabond's imaginative alternative to the rather expensive pods that have been discussed here. However, I feel that it is essential that before such an innovative idea was widely accepted, a committee should be formed to investigate any possible environmental impact it may have.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.