Where are you fishing this weekend and what are you after?

JV44

Right the Thames is looking Pants and having only recently come back into flood will be a waste of time so i am going to the Predator lake to try for a big Pike or Perch trolling lures and then bait fishing ,If this does not work then we are going to try fishing Lobworms next to the snaggy tree area.

Was going to one of the free bits but just fancy trying to see a big Pike/Perch in the boat before the end of the season ,what are the rest of you going to target this weekend with the river seasons clock ticking ?? Steve.

Might have a go at the Kennet - or even the Lambourn - tomorrow. I've got a last minute day off!

Trotted maggots with a pin me thinks. What a surprise!

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might have a go at the Kennet - or even the Lambourn - tomorrow. I've got a last minute day off!

Trotted maggots with a pin me thinks. What a surprise!

Good luck with whatever venue you choose steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I've got the day off work to go down on the river Waveney somewhere today!

Reports suggest that the Roach and Bream have left the comforts of the dykes and boat yards and are back in the rivers.

Might just put out a Pike rod, too.

Got may act together in the end and will be trying for dusk Kennet Barbel/Chub this evening using Anderoo’s cheesepaste recipe (royalty cheque in the post).

Wife’s out tonight so how’s this for the ultimate Friday/Saturday itinerary.

Early shoot from work

Start fishing 4:00pm

Catch monster fish

Leave when it’s too dark or my arm’s too tired

Collect chicken tika masala, garlic naan and rice

Select appropriate red wine from the cellar

After dinner retire to the study to shoot baddies online accompanied by Stella

Nurse sore head Saturday morning and return to river to catch remaining monster fish.

Can’t see any flaws in that plan.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I've got the opportunity of a whole day fishing tomorrow, first time in ages. The wife's off to see some friends on saturday and she's taking the dog!

So it'll be the Teme for chub and barbel (finally had a couple of small chub to break my duck on that river this year last weekend) and I might take a spinning rod as well.

If it's mild and bright I might risk a fly session on the Lugg in the evening.

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

This week, I will mostly be fishing for tyres.

and perhaps a few pike.

jesse-fast-show-520-x-389.jpg

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

The heavy frost overnight has knocked a lot of colour out of the Thames; with no frost expected tomorrow morning and no overnight rain, and such a mild day forecast tomorrow, it might just be perfect... Sunday is going to be colder, but not much, so that might be pretty good too. A bit of rain here and there, but if anything that should just help warm up the rivers.

The cheesepaste I made yesterday (PS I look forward to cashing your cheque Rusty :D ) is soooo good. I washed my hands 3 times after making it and had a shower this morning, and I can still smell it! Lovely stuff. At least I don't have any meetings today.

It's the last chance saloon, so I think I'll stick to the bankers I've found this year and leave any more exploring till next season.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music