Where are you fishing this weekend and what are you after?

JV44

It's horrendous out there, heavy rain and gales! I haven't been out yet, I think I'll give it an hour and see if it improves. We're forecast sleet later...!

I think my favourite tributary will be the only place that will be fishable, it runs over limestone so usually copes with rain well. The chub river and perch stream will be totalled, as will the Thames. Bah!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's horrendous out there, heavy rain and gales! I haven't been out yet, I think I'll give it an hour and see if it improves. We're forecast sleet later...!

I think my favourite tributary will be the only place that will be fishable, it runs over limestone so usually copes with rain well. The chub river and perch stream will be totalled, as will the Thames. Bah!

Your not kidding we nearly got blown off the lake white horses around the boat and unable to hold a decent line to troll we got drenched

Windydayatthelake001.jpg

Windydayatthelake002.jpg

Windydayatthelake003.jpg

Packed up came home and now the bloody Sun is shining Argh :wallbash: Steve.

Edited by JV44

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Hey Steve guess who got another PB Chub yesterrday! It was definielty over 6, possibly as much as 7. What a battle, what a fish! Lob tail did the trick, and managed five other chubn as well, lost two due to snags. Where? Lovely Northcroft!

A guy that John Clarke(The Flying Tench) and myself bump into from time to time has had 7 pound Chub in the vicinity of Monkey bridge.I know its on the canalised part of the river but its not beyond the realms of possibility that the fish could pass through the lock and enter the Northcroft stream.

Oh and congratulations from me also Arbocop thats a hell of a fish...well done sir. :clap:

Not fishing over the weekend. My next jaunt is on Tuesday. I'm going to fish a Highland water from the bank. My mate's going to map the water with loads of new GPS, mapping software etc. so he's not fishing but he's going to drop me off somewhere normally inaccessible to bank anglers. We've had fish from this spot from the boat but we've not tried berthing up to soak a few baits for any length of time. that's where I come in. 4 rods, 4 baits, nice big shelf to aim at going from 10 feet to 25 feet. Nice and easy to wade from the bank, nobody to bother me. Here's hoping something turns up. This'll be the first proper trip up that direction this year. Bring 'em on.

Here's hoping for a fat upper 20... :)

....Randy MacDarlin....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I waited for a break in the storms and popped over to the chub river, which strangely was in better nick than yesterday, despite all the rain. The colour had dropped out a bit, so I decided to give it a go into dark, just in case there was a chance of a big chub. To cut a long, wet, windy, cold and hail-storm-y story short - there wasn't! I'm pretty sure there were chub in the two spots I fished, but nothing was at all interested. It was a relief to come home into the warm and dry! Very tricky conditions this weekend, well done to anyone who managed to catch anything (cough, Chris Plumb, cough :D )

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

well done to anyone who managed to catch anything (cough, Chris Plumb, cough :D )

Thanks - funny enough I had my biggie today just as the afternoon rains broke. Having started in bright sunshine in my 'banker' chub swim - and getting a brace of 4lbers in a bag of ½doz I'd moved onto a weirppol where I have had the odd relly big chub and good roach - but which also holds many 'nuisance' trout. The fish when hooked did a really good imitation of a trout - shooting across to the far bank and then trying to get under the weir sill. Believing for all the world it was another brownie I played it really hard - and got the shock of my life when those black fins surfaced in the foam! Its at time like these you realise how big a chub's mouth is - and how inadequate a size 16 suddenly looks. Thankfully the bullying had worked and I was able to guide it downstream into a waiting net. It's been 5 years since I last had a 6lb chub but I felt sure this was my biggest - though at first the scales only registered 6-01 - in my haste to give it a number I'd forgotten to zero the scales - and doing so thankfully put it up to 6lb 6oz - a new PB! :rolleyes:

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Guest tigger
Your not kidding we nearly got blown off the lake white horses around the boat and unable to hold a decent line to troll we got drenched

Steve.

I think well have to start calling you Robson..............looks like extreme fishing :lol:

The wife and I had to go down to Wimborne near Poole to visit my sister, I couldn't fish but I kept drooling each time I drove across the Stour or Avon and saw someone fishing.

The rivers looked very high almost to the top of the banks but the weather looked good especially on Saturday.

Maggie bought me a MkIV Drennan Tench float rod at one of the tackle shops in Ringwood for my birthday which compensated for not being able to fish.

Next week I am going on Holiday so I'll be missing the last weekend of the river season and drooling over all your catches :( .

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I think well have to start calling you Robson..............looks like extreme fishing :lol:

The morning was fine and bright and then it went dark quickly and whoosh and in the true nature of extreme fishing we turned and ran>>>>,The thing that was a bit worrying was that on a small water like that its not to bad but if you had been out oi the middle of a big one [glacial lake type] then it would have been a bit hairy to say the least,the pike were in the shallows of the nature reserve area of the lake spawning so we left them alone and flogged a dead horse trolling the main lake,Roll on Friday :D Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: