Do you guys prefer Carp Fishing or general fishing ?

Lake owner

Very true John.One of the biggest worries about our own beloved Wingham!

I agree with all you've said Budgie, but I assume you're talking about managing stillwaters.

My main worry is the effect on our river systems. You can control/manage a still water a lot easier than a river fishery.

Once these 'escapees' are spread about in the system, there's very little you can do about it.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree John I dont think its wise to stock any non idigenous/unwanted species in any specific length as you just cant manage their movements.Same obviously goes for waters liable to flooding.

In all fairness this buisness of stocking in waters prone to river rflooding is allready covered in the much maligned and abused EA's stocking consent policies.

Jeeze me sticking up for the EA! I will be buying the AT next!!..............................................well maybe not!!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Totally agree John I dont think its wise to stock any non idigenous/unwanted species in any specific length as you just cant manage their movements.Same obviously goes for waters liable to flooding.

In all fairness this buisness of stocking in waters prone to river rflooding is allready covered in the much maligned and abused EA's stocking consent policies.

Jeeze me sticking up for the EA! I will be buying the AT next!!..............................................well maybe not!!

Is that the Angling Times or the Angling Trust, Budgie? ;)

The EA's stocking policy hasn't stopped the 1,000s that have (and still are) escaping into the system.

I wonder if they allow for 'exceptional' 5yr floods, or 50yr floods.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Thank you Tel! Now could you kindly join me on the long running "Big Bream" thread as Ive all sorts of matters de la slime to discuss!

Colour me gone, big boy!

Catch you on the slimy side. ;)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Is that the Angling Times or the Angling Trust, Budgie? ;)

The EA's stocking policy hasn't stopped the 1,000s that have (and still are) escaping into the system.

I wonder if they allow for 'exceptional' 5yr floods, or 50yr floods.

John.

LOL Both John both!

Once again I agree the EA has the rules,regulations in place but same as a lot of their others they struggle to enforce/implement them.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

A quick (and slightly off topic) remark about Budgie in a camo tutu - the one person who would not be bothered by that would be Budgie himself. I think the phrase, "comfortable in his own skin", fits the lad. He may, as I do, sorta wish to have less skin but is not that bothered by what he has.

Come to think of it, Andy would probably not be bothered either although he might stop to snap a photo or three of his bruver. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President