Stuart McPherson - Angling Trust

Elton

I was speaking to somebody recently about sea angling matters, and they mentioned that they'd been talking to "Stuart McPherson of The Angling Trust". Does anybody know what his role is within the Angling Trust? I've dropped them a line, so hope to find out soon, but thought somebody in here may give a quicker answer.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuart is a member of the AT (NFSA) Marine Conservation Group, and the Standing Committee, as well as the Yorkshire Division.

I believe that he's also a member of the Angling Development Board (which is expected to become part of the Angling Trust).

Latest: http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-ea...rust-new-leader

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Stuart is a member of the AT (NFSA) Marine Conservation Group, and the Standing Committee, as well as the Yorkshire Division.

I believe that he's also a member of the Angling Development Board.

Latest: http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-ea...rust-new-leader

So, as far as sea anglers are concerned, the Angling Trust is just the NFSA , then?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Cheers, Leon. I do wish they'd put this information on their website.

I see, now, that they have a marine conservation wing. Do they have another sea angling division that actually promotes the act of people going where it's wet, throwing out a baited hook and catching fish?

All this talk of conservation makes me wonder whether I should sell my tackle, buy a teepee and join Greenpeace :(

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

IS Richard Ferrer still in charge then ?

As it's the marine conservation wing that are going to be meeting with Defra and the rest of the circus, and speaking on behalf of the countrys anglers, I'd like to know who this marine conservation wing is made up of. The identity of these people is more important than who the figurehead is who's in charge of the sea angling section of the Angling Trust. They have the potential to do great damage to sea angling, so shouldn't we at least know who they are? It's about time the Angling Trust told us exactly who they have tasked with deciding the future of sea angling in this country.

Don't drink and drive.

As it's the marine conservation wing that are going to be meeting with Defra and the rest of the circus, and speaking on behalf of the countrys anglers, I'd like to know who this marine conservation wing is made up of. The identity of these people is more important than who the figurehead is who's in charge of the sea angling section of the Angling Trust. They have the potential to do great damage to sea angling, so shouldn't we at least know who they are? It's about time the Angling Trust told us exactly who they have tasked with deciding the future of sea angling in this country.

I thought you had told us recently that you have your own sorces of information to prevent you being kept in the dark. I hope this copy mail is helpful to you on this occasion, please understand, before you start complaining about this guy, rep, or whatever you wish to class him, he has volunteered for this. Why don't you ask them instead of moaning first.

Dave

Just to put the record straight.

AT (Richard Ferre) received an invitation for AT to be represented at a meeting of the JNCC. I volunteered and in my research I found that there had been an original meeting in November. The NFSA had been invited but due to the start point that the JNCC directed their invitation to it never reached the decision making source. In analysing the minutes of that meeting I found that NESA was shown as being the national representative body for RSA. I contacted Alan Charlton and confirmed that NESA had not been represented at the meeting but he was in contact with them representing NFSAS ( For the un informed NESA is the North East SEA Anglers a web site and NFSAS if the Northern Federation of Sea Angling Societies) The minute in my opinion was a typo error. The main meetings are limited to one rep from each organisation and whilst this is not apparent in the attendance list of the first meeting two NFFO reps the list does indicate how many diverse organisations are being represented in this important issue. In accepting the invitation to the second meeting I pointed out the errors and omissions. This coupled to the fact that Alan was having a running dialogue with them, I believe generated the convening of this RSA specific meeting. I hope this allays your fears of secrecy and that the invitee list is small as this is to bring them up to speed on what our fears and ambitions are so that they can be incorporated into the overall debate. This debate is to determine ALL stakeholders needs. This will enable a common base line to be set for the local stakeholder discussions. It might be cart before the horse as the Eastern Channel have already convened local meetings and Finding Sanctuary as you know is well advanced. For what it is worth I spoke to the North Sea MPA coordinator yesterday and urged him to get some dates scheduled and he has agreed to this.

Regards

Stuart

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

That's an interesting email, Barry. As the sole proprietor of NESA, it's a shame it took you posting it on here before I heard anything about any inclusion/non-inclusion of my website in any discussions :D

I don't think anyone's said anything against Stuart here. You seem to be letting your own apparent dislike of Steve muddy the water. I asked who he was, as he was mentioned in an email to me as the Angling Trust representative in a local matter of major significance. The fact of the matter is, the make-up of the Angling Trust does seem to be a mystery. I speak to anglers everyday, some of them angling journalists, and not one could tell me who the personnel are within the organisation that has taken it upon itself to represent us.

That's an interesting email, Barry. As the sole proprietor of NESA, it's a shame it took you posting it on here before I heard anything about any inclusion/non-inclusion of my website in any discussions :D

I don't think anyone's said anything against Stuart here. You seem to be letting your own apparent dislike of Steve muddy the water. I asked who he was, as he was mentioned in an email to me as the Angling Trust representative in a local matter of major significance. The fact of the matter is, the make-up of the Angling Trust does seem to be a mystery. I speak to anglers everyday, some of them angling journalists, and not one could tell me who the personnel are within the organisation that has taken it upon itself to represent us.

I don't dislike Steve, he's a nice chap. I don't like him moaning all the time, thats all. :D not good for your karma our your health apparently. :D

that copy email was the result of someone errr moaning aparently. :D

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I don't dislike Steve, he's a nice chap. I don't like him moaning all the time, thats all. :D not good for your karma our your health apparently. :D

that copy email was the result of someone errr moaning aparently. :D

The blokes at work had, (unbeknown to me), all bet that I couldn't go a day without moaning about something or saying b@llo@cks, Barry. The winnings, had I not moaned about something or said b@ll@cks, would have gone to support Red Nose Day. Needless to say, they kept their money in their pockets. They are not daft. You've got to have a good moan, it's good for the soul.

Anyway, back to the topic, I said I had a good source of information, not a good source of misinformation. I haven't got a clue what our mispresentatives are up to. To be honest, I don't think they do, either. Take this business with the angling trust - have they chosen a new leader, or not? If they have, why haven't they come out and said so instead of just dropping hints in obscure places? I don't even know who Stuart Macpherson is, let alone what he stands for and what he intends doing as leader of the AT. Therefore, I'm in no position to comment on how good or bad he might be.

But who are the marine conservation 'wing'? And which airfield do they fly out of?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

Don't drink and drive.