Stuart McPherson - Angling Trust

Elton

Im pleased Elton is fighting for his hobby,

The point of the AT is that you pays your £20 and they do the fighting for you.

That's why I've joined - not for the competitions, or the reward scheme or even the £5 mil insurance.

If I can rely on the AT to fight my corner on the issues that threaten my enjoyment of our sport and I can get out fishing and catch more and bigger fish as a result, then they can rely on my £20 a year.

Having said that - if they ask me to write letters to my MP or to sign a petition or two, then I'll do that if it gets things done, as it can do e.g. the Article 47 debacle.

If they carry on as the previous governing body did, then I'll find something else to spend the money on, like another new plug or a few packets of hooks.

Edited by steve pitts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of the AT is that you pays your £20 and they do the fighting for you.

That's why I've joined - not for the competitions, or the reward scheme or even the £5 mil insurance.

If I can rely on the AT to fight my corner on the issues that threaten my enjoyment of our sport and I can get out fishing and catch more and bigger fish as a result, then they can rely on my £20 a year.

Having said that - if they ask me to write letters to my MP or to sign a petition or two, then I'll do that if it gets things done, as it can do e.g. the Article 47 debacle.

If they carry on as the previous governing body did, then I'll find something else to spend the money on, like another new plug or a few packets of hooks.

I would be more than happy to fork out £20 a year for someone to fight the issues, and people, that threaten my sport. Unfortunately, one of the first things the Angling Trust has done for sea anglers is agree to cooperate with the data gathering by Cefas that I see as the biggest threat to our sport right now. As a result, my £20 remained wedged firmly in my pocket on Sunday.

If the AT can show us that they understand the real threats facing us - and take a stance of non compliance with regard to telling Defra and Nasty Nature everything they need to know in order to bury us - instead of sounding off with what they believe we want to hear, I will be only too happy to change my mind and start supporting them.

Until then......................

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge

The debate between commercial and recreational fishermen seams to be an endless one.

The SFC I work for are at the top of the league when it comes to successful prosecutions in England. At least 70% of our prosecutions are against recreational fishermen.

10% are against part-time commercial fishermen and 20% are against full time commercial fishermen.

Regards.

By the way have met Stuart and he seams a nice gentleman, he had a trip out to sea with us and showed great interest in what we do. Would like to see more committee members doing the same.

The SFC I work for are at the top of the league when it comes to successful prosecutions in England. At least 70% of our prosecutions are against recreational fishermen.

Interesting.

Will anglers be the next whipping boys when you have to justify your existence's, and top of the leader board status, when the proposed IFCA's come into being?

I have to ask, seeing as I believe that this is what your mate Stuart was getting at, in his first press release as head of the AT's sea angling wing.

"Just doing my job". I can hear it now.

Guest challenge
Interesting.

Will anglers be the next whipping boys when you have to justify your existence's, and top of the leader board status, when the proposed IFCA's come into being?

I have to ask, seeing as I believe that this is what your mate Stuart was getting at, in his first press release as head of the AT's sea angling wing.

"Just doing my job". I can hear it now.

So are you saying that anybody that we prosecute are whipping boys then?

Who is trying to justify his job?

All I am doing is giving to some figures to show what percentage of (convicted offenders) we have in our district.

I have said it many times, I don’t want more work and I know my colleagues don’t. There aren’t the hours in a week as it is without having to take on more enforcement work.

regards

The debate between commercial and recreational fishermen seams to be an endless one.

10% are against part-time commercial fishermen and 20% are against full time commercial fishermen.

Regards.

What sort of offences are being committed by the rsa challenge, are any warnings issued.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..