hook pulls

steve17

I was having this problem with size 6 raptors, i was using 25lb snakeskin.

If the plastic was srtipped to the eye of the hook it worked better.

I changed from size six's to eights and it stopped a lot of bumping off, even on mono for floater fishing.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steve17 - can you post a picture of your rig both with and without your usual bait?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote:

[/qb]

Common, I am not disputing what you have said, but can you qualify the changes that you have outlined above please? [/QB]

Sure, if you have a light lead as I suspect in Steves case and hook into a big lump then there will allways be less resistance to a carp thats on its way toward you if you have a 2 oz lead compared to a 4 oz lead you will get a better firmer hook penetration with a heavier lead period and its less forgiving if you are somewhere else when you ought to be on your own peg ie. if a carp swims with a 2 oz lead under its chin and slightly pricked cos your hook aint sharp enough for instance or the barb wont penetrate the bottom lip O YES then an increased weight helps for obvious reasons

as for the shorter hooklink well on the pick up 99% of the time its pricked then the weight kicks in and carpy dont have time to shed anything and experience should get the beauty to the bank

yeah you are mate, i was asking because i would imagine the 'better' the hook hold then the less likely hook pulls will occur, but forget the hooklink and lead qu's i think i get that now.

as far as im aware im fishing blow back style, where the hair leaves the hook at the same position as the hook point. correct me if im mistaken.

i have also shortened my hooklengths and will increase the lead weight on my next session.

still awaiting the photo for newt.

steve.

steve17 - use http://www.go-fishing.org/upload/ and when finished, copy/paste the entire line with the URL between tags.

- no spaces in the filename

- picture size no larger than 640x480

- format as .gif or .jpg

If you have problems resizing the pics or getting them to .jpg / .gif the free Irfanview program is easy and excellent.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Strange that you are losing so many fish Steve. First thing that springs to mind is perhaps your bait size in relation to hook size is causing the problem, as well as maybe the length of hair between bait and hook.

What size baits are you using with the #8 raptors?

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.