Excellent end to the season!

Captain Pelvis

Super fish and pictures. Well done.

I know where I'll be fishing on June 16th :). Funnily enough I dropped my son off at karate Saturday morning and briefly walked around the main lakes and even spoke to someone on the open part of the stream, you must have been well hidden in the trees :).

For others, that part of the stream is tiny, you wouldn't think it would have fish of that size and quality in it.

cheers for the kind words, we met at peatling lakes once. i reckon however that the swim at the very top of the fishery may hold fish bigger than these, i believe there have been 5lb chub and 3lb perch from it. Well if you really want to fish it June 16th then it will just be you as it really is too small for two people to fish at once, looks like i may have competition for the chub :)

thanks for everyones kind words also.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I wouldn't "poach" your fish on such an important day as the 16th, but I might try later in the season. They are all yours...

dont worry i dont mind you fishing it on the 16th. come to think of it i think i have my AS exams around then so your welcome to it, if you want any info on what works best for me then pm me as i would like to keep the spot fairly quite if you know what i mean :)

Edited by Captain Pelvis

Indeed a great achievement. I wouldn’t have looked at that swim for fear of getting snagged.

One question, where did the nickname come from (for someone of relatively few years)? :D

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

i wouldnt usually want to but the fact that it was the last day i wanted to fish two rods and using the bite alarm allowed me to fish the swim next to it with a float.

Ah, I see, thanks. :D

I'm a bit old fashioned, and was worried that you might be one of those that think bite alarms are the only way to fish.

Thank goodness I was wrong. :thumbs:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Indeed a great achievement. I wouldn’t have looked at that swim for fear of getting snagged.

One question, where did the nickname come from (for someone of relatively few years)? :D

Well it honestly isnt as rude as it can sound :D. Basically when i was probably around 10-11 my cousin took a picture of me and for some reason drew onto it making me into a pirate, he gave me the name of Captain Pelvis and it just sort of stuck. Im 17 now so i dont greet people as it i much prefer to be called Pete.

Thanks for the kind words, i couldnt find the fish easily that day so decided on a new feature to try so i guess you can say it worked :).

Ah, I see, thanks. :D

I'm a bit old fashioned, and was worried that you might be one of those that think bite alarms are the only way to fish.

Thank goodness I was wrong. :thumbs:

John.

I have been fishing since i was about 3 and i have been brought up fishing some what traditionally, ive never used a boilie in my life so when i fish for carp its usually bread, meat or corn. I also dont use pellets that much but have began using them more and more. My dad doesnt use such things so i never did too yet i still get decent catches so until the day i stop having fish on more traditional baits im leaving the boilies in the tackle shop :).

I have been fishing since i was about 3 and i have been brought up fishing some what traditionally, ive never used a boilie in my life so when i fish for carp its usually bread, meat or corn. I also dont use pellets that much but have began using them more and more. My dad doesnt use such things so i never did too yet i still get decent catches so until the day i stop having fish on more traditional baits im leaving the boilies in the tackle shop :).

You've no idea how refreshing it is to hear a young angler talk like that.

It restores some of my faith in the future of angling.

Thank you.

And my respects to your Dad, for guiding you the way he has. :thumbs:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John