LICENCES

carper99

While fishing some local lakes most are council owned but a few are club waters i was appalled to find that most have been stripped of carp by people shall we say not from this country there was 15 of em with a barbacue for gods sake .

so off i went to my local tackle shop and further found out that it was not just this lake being targeted but at least 10 others as well .most bailiffs i have spoken to seem to agree that this will only carry on till all the fish are gone .

so heres my idea to try and stop this we all buy fishing licences or we should . so for the love of our sport why cant the tackle shops refuse to sell any tackle to people who do not show a valid rod licence . this would be a hassle for sure for some people who work in the trade But it would also make sure that people would at the very least would be suporting the EA with funds so that the stocking and improvment of our fisheries would continue. it is surely in all our intrests the anglers and the tackle shops that this does not cotinue .

So pray tell me what tackle that I, Corydoras the sea angler should not be able to buy without an EA rod licence?

[ 16. June 2004, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Call the police.

If they do not have permission to take fish by the owners they are commiting theft.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Why just the Tackle Shops? Tackle is available from many sources, some not connected with the normal tackle trade. Second hand shops, car boot sales, e-bay and even the local pub and how about your mates offloading spare gear. How could producing a licence work here.

Of course there are also Mail Order and Internet sources, again how would you produce a licence for these purchases.

If the Tackle Trade only sold to those who could produce a current EA licence, where do you think these 'anglers' would then go for their supplies.

They would certainly not go to the Post office for a licence and then return to the Tackle Shop.

Mick - http://www.jackfish.net

The impossible I do at once, miracles take a little bit longer.

what about the doting old grandma, saves all year to buy the grandson some floats . . what do they tell her . .

or worse the wife buying a suprise aniversary present for hubby !

ring the police . . . although from recent reports I wouldn't bother . . they never turn up saying they are too busy . .

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

The answer is quite simply to call the police. There is also no reason why neighbourhood watch type schemes can't be put into operation before the thieves move onto other more important species!! , like gudgeon!!

Have to agree with Peter on this one. Call the cops is the proper thing to do.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

form a vigilanty squad anyone not doing what is considered "normal" can be killed or at least beaten to deaths door as with most animals pain is a great reminder it can work with semi humans but may need repeat dosage .

p.s. black shirts worn by the vigilany squad may trigger subconciouse memories in the offenders and they may desist

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

call the old bill,the ea the council anyone who has authority if that dont work,then if you fell really strongly about it get ya biggest mates down n go ave' a word!be careful as these foriegn types can be nasty(knives etc)as they come from places far worse than ours.but yeah personally i would and have told many of "them" to **** off,they have no right.id hide in the bushes sniper style with a .22 and a scope!youre not too far from me carper...

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!