Do shakespeare make any decent carp rods?

wooody

ermm 2 sum it up they r crap

You've used them then? I'd be interested in hearing what, exactly, you dislike about them.

[ 26. September 2004, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Shakespeare Oberon 11ft, not the greatest rod I have ever owned but it cost £70 a few years ago and I have used it for a lot of sea spinning and float fishing. I have caught some large pollack and a lot of mackerel and garfish on it. It is still in good condition and I use it as a second rod today.

It can put a sea float and 1oz of lead 50 yds from the shore with a side cast and throw a spinner a 100 yds on a good day.

ok newt just for you. i borrowed a new rogue rod of a mate last week tried to put a medium size pva bag out with a 2oz anchorlead and had the top 2 in section snap off and before you ask the line wasnt wrapped around it so i ended up having to buy him a new rod funny enough he wanted a fox warrior and not a replacement rogue rod so ill stick to what ive said

THEY ARE CRAP

I have two Shaky feeder rods, had them for several years and they cast the feeder out and pull the fish back and I cant see that they do the job any different than my Drennan feeders which cost nearly 4 times as much.

But...when I use the Drennans I have a "feel good" factor, bit like the difference between wearing an expensive watch and a cheapo one...both tell the time!!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

carper99 - LOL, I'd certainly have to agree that particular rod was a piece of junk and I suspect that most of us will shy away from a brand of gear when one has let us down and especially if it happened with the first one.

Thanks for the information.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Looks like shakespeare is not to popular then.

where is the cheapest place to get a fox warrior from ? and how much much am i looking at ?

Is it called just a "fox Warrior" or is there a certain name or model i need to look for.

Thanks again...

Wooody I use a Fox Warrior 2.75lb test curve (most of my carping involves pva bags or the method sp I need a bit of extra welly).

They retail at 49.99 from all Fox stockists.

They come in 2.5, 2.75 and 3lb test curves.

When they first came out they were like gold dust.

When you purchase and use one you will know why.

They cast well, play fish well, look nice are fairly slim and have quality fittings.

They received top marks from all of the angling weeklies, the coarse monthlies and the carp monthlies.

Many testers and writers stated that they were better than or would use Warriors before many makes and models costing double.

They are undoutably the best entry priced carp rods for sale at the moment and I cant see them getting knocked off this spot for some time to come.

PS, Shakespeare try to cater for all areas of angling but seem to fail with 2nd rate products in all catagories except the only decent product I have ever seen from them which is their team seatbox (biggest selling in the uk I belive).

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Horses for course really. I tend to spend more on stuff I will use a lot, like fly gear and carp gear. I have amassed a fair amount of shakespeare stuff for the angling I don't do so often, like beach fishing sea fishing in general and swing tipping as it is acceptable at a reasonable price. |I do observe that other manufatcures are coming down into the shakespeare, silstar and Dam price zone.

I always remember that my sons argos carp rod netted him double figure carp, pike, and also salmon. That arrived with the guides not even aligned. Unless you are paying a lot of money all the blanks probably come from the same factory anyway.

Whats the real difference between a Jag X type and a Mondeo ? other than the zeros.

I think I could fish with the Warrior if I re-built it with a better handle. The one supplied looks as if it has been loosely wrapped with electrician's tape. The Fox Frontier is another good rod with a firmer action that will launch a bait a very long way, although it is a bit more expensive than the Warrior. The only thing wrong with it is the handle again, as they seem to have designed it for people with the arms of a ten year old.

[ 27. September 2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Peter Sharpe ]

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

carper99:

ok newt just for you.  i borrowed a new rogue  rod of a mate last week tried to put a medium size pva bag out with a 2oz anchorlead  and had the top 2 in section snap off  and before you ask the line wasnt wrapped around it so i  ended up having to buy him a new rod funny enough he wanted a fox warrior and not a replacement rogue rod so ill stick to what ive said

THEY ARE CRAP

forgive me if i am wrong but i thought the rogue rods were made by wychwood and not shakespeare unless they are both one and the same?? :D