shelters

*Ant*

hi all....

i'm pretty new to carp fishing and looking for a shelter...my trusty old relum brotel is lacking in size somewhat and i'm looking for something more suitable. narrowed a list down to...nash oval, nash profile, hurricane or hurricane special, fox evolution classic or fox stalker bivvy. any input from anyone would be a great help as would the length of these when they are dismantled. they would be used mainly for short sessions but occassionly for longer stints.

many thanks for any help...and heres to a good year on the bank! :confused:

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the ones you have short listed mate and give Aqua Products a ring,

For a similar price if not cheaper you will have a top quality shelter that will out live any of those you have listed. :D :cool:

aanthony

I use a fox evolution plus and am very satisfied with it,big enough for bedchair plus other gear. I think the fox evolution classic is very similar, I think it's not as big and cannot get a overwrap for it. you can set it high for more headroom or low to keep out wind,rain etc.Looking at the fox catalog, the stalker bivvy is the same size as my evolution plus, I believe with the stalker bivvy you have to thread the poles though,as far as length goes, my evoulution plus is a little over 6 foot when dismantled and very light,about 7 lbs and it fits down the center of my fox mega quiver, so the classic, stalker bivvy would probably be about the same

cannot comment on the nash shelters as I never seen or used one, but from what I hear about them, you'll probably still need to wear a raincoat while sitting inside of them :D

Hope this helps :)