shelters

*Ant*

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like the oval/profile...but can you get far enough under them when its p***ing down without the spreaders getting in the way ? :confused:

[ 26. January 2003, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: aanthony ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Third season woth my Evo Bivvy and so far no real complaints. Handled everything thrown at it from full on gales to ice in the margin nights.

Have done up to 5 nights but it struggled with that amount of kit much more suited to overnights up to 3.

The thing I like about it most has been covered it is so light and also easy to put up and down so there is no hesitation about moving.

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

Woodz,

The tracker has plenty of space (more so than my old titan). Additionally with the front on there is even more room so a guest chair also fits in without any trouble. As for setting up they're a piece of cake. Just like a big umbrella, you just unscrew the centre pole and peg out. I normally leave the front off unless required but that only takes a minute or two to zip on and peg out.

Rob.

Like Rob I'm very pleased with my Big Z. Unlike Rob I have my front zipped/velcro'd on all the time.

I have the door rolled up and the sides rolled back and secured by the bottom (storm-pole) velcro ties. The side strom pole stay as they are, but the front (longer) poles are angled down to the front corners.

Bivvy.gif

In doing this you'll be suprised how mush rain and wind is kept out, yet I can still see a lot of water and if the rain starts coming in the fron I just unroll it and peg it down. It's also rock solid when windy.

Trakker Big Z....never leave home without it!

Great news about the big Z, been looking at getting one for a while but wasnt sure about how BIG it actually was and how easy it was to set up.

Do you have to buy loads of extras seperately? what is the overall cost likely to be?

Cheers guys.

carpking:

OH and Newt, :mad: are we meant to laugh at your small shelter or are you takin the p**s

I was hoping you'd get a laugh out of it.

That particular tent is excellent if you are a professional hunting guide and take large parties out in bad weather. Not good for any other purpose unless you used it instead of a house.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President