carp wizard

dapper64

Why not just use a sinking flouro leader ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

No but Ive used and made my own suspenders (and thats all it is) for years.Gave up on them when I realised their big draw back.

Anyone whose done a bit of floater fishing will tell you that its best to get the fish competting heavily for the bait first before putting a baited hook in the water.Doing this gives you a little more chance of taking more than one fish but far more importantly a better chance of taking one of the bigger fish.

All suspender systems are clumsy so casting them out or even reeling them back into position once the fish are having it often spooks them.Ive also found that the fish learn to be wary of a suspender itself even quicker than they become wary of the line on ther water! Ive got suspenders with booms up to 5' but even these "blow" eventually.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Looks like it could have its uses. If you do give one a try, please post back with your results.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

At 23 quid they're a bit expensive,I might have go at making one.

Too right mate! A length of boom tube,barrel lead and a poly ball is all you need! Getting the ratio between the boom length (so it sits at the right angle) and the size of lead is just a matter of playing around. You can allways fine tune using lead wire around the end of the boom.

Do you want me to get one out of the loft and post a pic?

Roy,much easier than tights when taking a leak though!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Too right mate! A length of boom tube,barrel lead and a poly ball is all you need! Getting the ratio between the boom length (so it sits at the right angle) and the size of lead is just a matter of playing around. You can allways fine tune using lead wire around the end of the boom.

Do you want me to get one out of the loft and post a pic?

Roy,much easier than tights when taking a leak though!

would you mind?I've started making one from an old quiver tip and a block of wood,but I'm thinking it might be too heavy when I put some weight on the under side to ballance it.