Dream Session... Pics.

Julian

Dream Session…

Every now and then you have a session where everything comes together. You set out a plan of attack – and it works from start to finish. My last session with Elton was one of those. They don’t come along that often so I was quite happy to sit back and enjoy it for as long as it lasted!!

Elton had arrived before me and had suggested I take a look at the swim next door as he had seen plenty of fish in the area that morning. At first I was a little apprehensive as there was a substantial amount of weed all through the swim. However, after having a good look at other swims they were all quite weedy so went back to the one beside Elton. After an hours work feature finding I found a decent clearer area in the weed and decided this would be my main target.

My theory was that with quite a lot of weed around, the fish would be used to grubbing about a bit so I decided on a scattered bait approach all around the area with hookbaits placed in and on the edge of the clear spots. There was still quite a bit of weed in the clear area so it was just a case of making a couple of casts until you could feel the rig was clean on the bottom. I then applied a liberal amount of fresh Snail & Shell boilies which I’d picked up from Mick Ball (MB Baits) the day before just as he'd finished rolling them!

It was almost evening by the time I got the rods out – some plans can’t be rushed. To be honest it was just nice to soak in the beautiful surroundings and spend a bit of time with Elton. About 5.30am the next morning I was up taking a few pictures of the lake as dawn broke. Just as I was setting up a shot the alarm on my middle rod bleeped once and then the swinger dropped right to the floor as a fish picked up the bait and swam straight towards me. It just carried on from there really. I’ll do a proper article at some point, but the catches went something like this;

First fish; 20lb common

20web.jpg

Later that day; another stunning common of 21lb 2oz

212web.jpg

That night; mirror 21lb 4oz

214web.jpg

Following morning pre-dawn; common 17lb 8oz

178web.jpg

Then another stunning common; this one at 23lb – and what a pic, Cheers Elton!!

23web.jpg

Final reward, a stunning 14lb fully scaled mirror.

14web.jpg

Thanks to all involved.

Happy Days :D

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

im off carp fishing to-morrow. half your catch would be nice (the bigger half) so i'll take my camera & let you know how i get on. at the momment strong wind's & you know what southerner's say. IT'S COLD UP T NORTH so im already making my excuses but who knows. wor lass has just re-stocked the cubards so i'll not be short of bait lol. :confused: :D

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

What a session, Isnt it nice when it all comes right. Those pics are amazing. I love commons but that fully scaled is the nicest fish ive seen for a while. Also liked the common with its fin up not something you see in photos very often. Look forward to the full story.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!