New rod licence.......

Guest tigger

Guest tigger

I got my updated rod license today and was amazed to see how flimsy and easily damaged it is. I thought it was going to be plastic and like a credit card but was disapointed to see it was just a glorified bit of paper. They seem to have spent more money on the envelopes in an effort to make us belive were getting something special. Why on earth they didn't just make them like a plastic credit card that could be kept for years before replacement I don't know. A lot of hype over nothing in my books, may aswell have left the old ones as they where and saved all the advertisment money for what should be it's real purpose.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you have yours mate!

I'm still waiting for mine. I rang the EA licence line today and from the chap's response mine is not the only case of a late/missing licence. I think it may have a connection with the post office/EA online system now in use. When it was just the EA it came in a couple of days.

Oh well, I look forward to receiving my flimsy card.............it must be better than the post office receipt no. I scribbled on the back of an envelope!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Guest tigger
Oh well, I look forward to receiving my flimsy card.............it must be better than the post office receipt no. I scribbled on the back of an envelope!

Mmm :g: ....the licence isn't much better lol.

They're not exactly heavy duty are they, but still better than the old ones. I agree though, it would be loads better to have a proper plastic credit card with a barcode that you renew each year. It would also mean I would only need one, and not two...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I recieved mine today having paid for it on thursday id heard about the delays a lot of people were having & that some people were actually recieving 2 licences when they arrived ( no such luck for me there ) id also heard how tricky they were to detach from the letter so i took extra care & did the last bit with the scissors the complaints about it being difficult to sign were also true but i managed it second time & its now safely in a wallet in my box ( probably not to be seen till next year ) . Anyway im off to do a 48hr Tench session on thursday looks like i,ll be sticking to 2 rods.............. now if only they,d sent me 2 licences :)

The more i practice the luckier i get :)

Oh well, I look forward to receiving my flimsy card

Flimsy is the word!

I read the instruction "Just press it out of this letter" with my usual scepticism.....

.....and eased both my licences out with a sharp scalpel - I wonder how many "pressed out " licences will get damaged in the process.

The front surfaces are nicely camouflaged, so if you drop it there is a fair chance it will be lost!

Still they are compact, and one of my angling clubs has gone from a stiff card A4 size membership card to a credit-card size - I might even get all my documents in one pocket this year!

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Tried several pens and still not been able to sign mine.

Still won,t matter as I have only once in 40 years of angling been checked and that was on a LAA water that was opened for the first time when the old close season was abolished on stillwaters.

An officious bailiff decided it should not be open so it closed for another year. Then it was open again much like several stillwaters in Norfolk last year.

Oficilaldom of any sort in this country are always sh*te.

Bit like my spelling.

We phone them with illegal anglers poaching out of season, no response but lets go round popular commercials at easter just in case the licence holders of last year are a bit slow in renewing so we can fine them.

Good public relations???

regards

john

Are you allowed to laminate your licenses? In Michigan, we're allowed to laminate our fishing licenses as long as they're properly signed first. Ours are also rather flimsy if not laminated, but lamination makes them the same size, shape, and stiffness as a credit card, not to mention that falling into the river won't hurt a laminated license a bit. :rolleyes:

Good point Anna.I might have (up in the dreaded loft as usual where nothing can ever be found easily!) a load of "iron to seal" laminate pouchs that we used for tickets for my syndicate. Good chance the Rod Licences would be the same size.

Think I will email the EA and check but cant see it being a problem.

If ok and they fit I will bring some to the various fishins this year or post them if anyone wants them.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Good point Anna.I might have (up in the dreaded loft as usual where nothing can ever be found easily!) a load of "iron to seal" laminate pouchs that we used for tickets for my syndicate. Good chance the Rod Licences would be the same size.

Think I will email the EA and check but cant see it being a problem.

If ok and they fit I will bring some to the various fishins this year or post them if anyone wants them.

"I wonder how many "pressed out " licences will get damaged in the process.?"

Mine ripped in 1/2 when i tried to push it out.

I'll Laminate it when i go back to work.........But i'm off for another 3 weeks..WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO.

New society waters here i come....

Jp

Jp <"))))><