Hook length materials

Polly

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it could be the ESP stuff that Wordbender uses.

I am in a dilemma myself in terms of what to use around the 10 and 8lb hooklengths. I did pick up some Drennan double strength but it broke when hooking a carp that wasn't really that big at all.

I don't get on with Flurocarbons at all in terms of knots. I have got Suffix Stealth Skin but as as my mainline is now going to be 10lb or even 8 in some cases I need a lighter hooklength. I want one that is reliable basically.

James

I am trying out some clear HT shrink tube...cut to length..thread on very thin s/s wire and heat with heat gun (very hot), but you can use a flame provided you don't burn the stuff..a blow torch worked well for me.

Strinks down very small, just enough to thread .012inch thro.

It is crystal clear and almost invisible in water.

Is pretty stiff and tangle free AND..can be reused when hook gets blunt.

Helped me catch three last week and lost one :mad: yesterday.

Got it from rswww.com item no..288-5156.

You will be charged £4 95 +vat for delivery,

Den

[ 10. May 2005, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I've been really happy using Kryston Mantis of late. It seems to keep its green colour well, too,

even when the outer skin has been peeled back a little.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Mantis and Suffix stealth skin for me. Matis in 25lb Stealth skin in 15lb.

Though clear Ultima Supersnood, the sea match hook length, makes superb mono links used it for carp on the Ebre (Ebro) and its super tough.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

James

16lb Daiwa Infinity duo nice mainline: tough as old boots, nice smooth finish, good knot strength and it has a dead trendy camouflage finish.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

right guys, so far, all you, have chosen the mantis and stealth, these are both coated braids, and are just about capable of creating a stiffish top rig, or a flexi top rig, but are primarily combi rigs, and will not create a sufficient top half of the rig, as in both cases, the coating goes soft when it enters the water, even the toughness of something like kryston snake bite but to create an effective Top stiff rig, it needs or (i have found) it best to have a stiff hair as well as an inch or so of stiffness below the hook, creating a crude version of the withy pool rig, (crude because it doesnt creat the vigorous angel) :)

Well i supose as usual that is just my thoughts but, just helping out again with more usless info. lol :D