carp as pike bait?

phil dean

Peter Waller:

nuisance fish to a piker!

In the parlance of my children; nuisance fish? Yeah-right!

My, albeit brief, experience with those cats has had a profound effect on my fishing, Peter.

Where a hard-pulling carp will have me worried about a hook-pull, those cats had me more concerned about my physical ability to control them. Time to re-evaluate, methinks.

As for pike, mate, comparing them to cats is like comparing the Canaries to a proper Premier League team.

Take that for the 'fridge van' jibe, Sir!

Terry :D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Waller:

We'll see about 'City'. This time next year you could well be eating those words!"!

Yeah? And I 'could' be the next great thing to hit the world of classical ballet, too, mate.

In fact, that's waaaay more likely than Delia's deadbeats holding their own in the Premier League.

Er...good luck, though, yeah? :D

Delia's deadbaits holding their own in the Premier League

quote:

Well Peter,

That sounds like just the right marketing approach aimed at the tackle tart type Carp angler. Who will reluctantly reel in his boilies, so that he can cast out a deadbait for Pike when the Carp action becomes to slow...... probably due to using real tree pattern boilies

Nev Fickling had better watch out.

In some states over here in Yankland, you can buy baby carp in tackle shops for use as live bait!

About $2 per dozen, if I remember correctly, for 3 to 4 in. long specimens.

Ah..if only I could figure out an economical way to ship them overseas, I could make a mint!

BTW..you can purchase live, netted adults, of up to 40 lbs for just a few dollars(again...gotta figure a way to ship em to the U.K....I wonder what the ticket cost would be for a water filled with 30 and 40 lb wildies?)

Peter Waller:

Seems those Americans have got their values just about right! Unlike Wordbender who can't spot true football talent at 100 paces!!

There are none so blind than those who will not see...that Naaaruch are merely chum to the Premier League sharks.

I mean, we've got Man Utd 'the Red Devils', Arsenal 'the Gunners', and Norwich...er...'the Canaries.' :rolleyes:

PER-LEASE! :D