carp as pike bait?

phil dean

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need a tatty old white transit to get started. How much a pound should I pay?

quote:

I'll give the employment service a ring on Monday.

If we informed them, that we are going to supply traditional ingredients for ethnic Eastern European dishes suitable for the newly arrived.

We just might get one of those business enterprise grants to buy the van.

toggle:

....  sell e'm out the back of the van to the polies & romies @£5.lb.  :D  

Seems like the "polies" and all haven't turned up. They took a look at their Health Service (which works) , trains (which are cheap and run on time ) price of fags and booze, plus the fact that they can walk the streets safely at night.

The clincher was when they realised that their anglers don't put out several lines that cover half the lake and then threaten objectors with filleting knives....

Seems like they prefer things at home

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

phil dean:

gareth and pete,,   ok you've won, we better leave them alone now...even wordbender's gone quiet!

THAT'LL be the day, mate!

My silence is a tactic to allow those rough, vulgar types to condemn themselves. :rolleyes:

I do believe it's working, too.

Terry :D

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Peter Waller:

Wordbender has gone on an extended carp marathon, complete with a rusty, white, refrigerated Luton van.

More media fibs!

As it happens, my carrot-crunching friend, I've been off to the Ebro for a spot of catfishing - and very jolly it was, too.

Don't get the 'fridge van' reference, but I'm SURE you'll enlighten me. :D

Oh gawd, you know a joke is bad when you have to explain it!!

A refrigerated Luton, somewhere to store all those nice fat carp that you caught! You know, prior to flogging 'em off to us pikers for deadbait, or Charlie Dimmock for her garden.

Err, excuse me asking, but did you catch much in Spain? You have been a bit quiet on that subject!! Sheer modesty I'm sure .

Peter Waller:

Err, excuse me asking, but did you catch much in Spain? You have been a bit quiet on that subject!! Sheer modesty I'm sure  

As for the catting, sport was slow but enjoyable nonetheless. We 'only' banked 6 cats between 4 of us, but they included 2 of over 100 lbs. plus an 80 and a 50.

My biggest was a mere 50-pounder, but with the river running like a train and my right arm still recovering from its break, it truly was all I could do to hold it when it tore off.

We were using uptide-style rods, dirty great multiplier reels and 100-kilo test braided line. The reels' drags were cinched down as tight as we could get them, yet the bigger cats just ripped off line at will - awesome stuff.

It takes something to make me nervous these days, but my legs were shaking as I hit each of my runs, and continued to do so for many minutes after landing the fish.

This is a different game entirely, and one I really want to try again. I'm going to get on the trail of some UK cats, too. Let's hope the arms hold up, that's all.