MP's and Expenses

nursejudy

hmmm perhaps there is MP qualifications there

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 2 bedroomed flats attracting rents of c£400 a week in Westminster, perhaps mortgage interest claims should be limited to about that. I'm sure there is enough furniture in Government stores to equip such flats at a lower charge than the MP's appear to negotiate for themselves.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

woops looks like they are the party of trust :D

http://liarsbuggersandthieves.blogspot.com...01_archive.html

a case of what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander ;)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...
Thats how we feel about Liverpool, we support the reds, and anyone playing (and hopefuly beating) Liverpool. :)

Back on track, Morley (aided by Kevin McNamara MP Hull North) is or was the 'grand anti' who would have all our country sports criminalised. So whatever disgrace and discredit comes his way is deserved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8073923.stm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

nice golden handshake as well i expect ,is he standing down now or just not standing for election next time ;)

the husband and wife in the second homes fiddle could make 340 thou "standing down" :angry:

people think i'm a bit hard on the government (or rather parliament) but anyone else involved with fraud would have the police breaking down their door at 5 am the next day but at the moment as usual mp's seem above the law :rolleyes:

no good saying sorry after the crime ,no good offering to pay it back its a crime and should be treated as such just like it would be if anyone else did it

Edited by chesters1

One wonders how many of the MP's elevated to the House of Lords will ones that have used the system the most,then get a second chance with the expenses in The Lords.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

i expect its mandatory to get into the lords ,the checks should go back several decades with the money "paid back" no doubt fuel tax (which ofcourse they get back) could be abolished :rolleyes:

I find it quite sickening that these theiving b..tards are going to continue being paid their salaries, and continue building up their vast pension pots at our expense for probably another year. God only knows how much these people will fiddle now they know they are on their way out. Then, when they so magnanimously "stand down", they get another huge payout (and it can be several years' pay in some cases). There is apparently no way to unseat MP's, whatever misdeeds they get up to, but there sure as hell seems a good case for some of them to be prosecuted for fraud.

The only thing that makes me sicker than the behaviour of our elected representatives is the sight of that odious little turd Cameron trying to score political points by calling for a general election, presumably on the grounds that all the MPs we have now are thieving scum. How can that help us, apart from the possibility that it takes new MP's a year or two to work out all the fiddles?

The only thing that has surprised me about this whole affair is, how surprised everyone else seems to be.

Wow, News Flash! "Politicians, abuse their position"!

The majority have not done anything illegal. Immoral yes, but not illegal.

Another 'surprise'. Morality in politics is in short supply!

They've just 'worked' a bad system that was introduced in the 1980s to ward off a backbench revolt over pay. Apart from a few 'tweaks' it's been in place ever since. No Government since has had the courage to change it, fearing another 'revolt'.

I don't normally have time for media 'exposes', but in this case, (despite the obvious timing and bias), the Telegraph have forced parliaments hand. I just hope that the calls for an early election, are not used as a 'smoke screen' to con' people into thinking that it alone will change things for the better.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John