MP's and Expenses

nursejudy

I live in Liverpool and wouldn't necessarily want to see Liverpool win the premiership, I'd love to see anyone but Man Utd. win ;-)

Thats how we feel about Liverpool, we support the reds, and anyone playing (and hopefuly beating) Liverpool. :)

Back on track, Morley (aided by Kevin McNamara MP Hull North) is or was the 'grand anti' who would have all our country sports criminalised. So whatever disgrace and discredit comes his way is deserved.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats how we feel about Liverpool, we support the reds, and anyone playing (and hopefuly beating) Liverpool. :)

Back on track, Morley (aided by Kevin McNamara MP Hull North) is or was the 'grand anti' who would have all our country sports criminalised. So whatever disgrace and discredit comes his way is deserved.

My bete noir was Tony Banks... not only was he a Chelsea season ticket holder, he was the big townie who crusaded for the banning of hunting. It's harsh of me to say it, I know, but he did us a favour when he slipped this mortal coil. For all his use as an MP, it's a pity his mother didn't use one before he was born.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

i can just about see the need for help buying a second home but i object to the taxpayer maintaining it never mind claims for furniture.

we got a council house after being homeless but they didnt furnish it nor after the initial decorating grant (it had blue paint everywhere!)do they decorate it ,nor do they cut the lawn or anything else as for swimming pools or motes i doubt you get a hand out for those either.

its time the MP's (and councilmen and the top etchelons of gov departments) were forced to live like the people who pay their wages ,if you want something in real life you buy it (or rent it) you dont get it given to you as an untaxed perk! perks according to the tax people are wages so why are they not taxed on them?

how far back are these investigations going? hopefully way back not just the last fooking year!!!!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

"The crisis over parliamentary expenses reached new heights last night as it emerged that HM Revenue and Customs is to investigate whether MPs have deliberately evaded capital gains tax when selling their second homes."

"Five Sinn Féin MPs received £500,000 in second homes allowances despite not taking up their seats in the House."the above are quotes from today's Observer

How should this mess be resolved,shoud the MP's be paid a sensible salary and no expenses?

what do you think the answer should be?

I'm curious but what became of the very start of this thread ? Lots of stuff in the news about MP's fiddling the books etc, but for nothing like the amounts mentioned above. Or is that too politically sensitive to mention ???

Rob.

I'm curious but what became of the very start of this thread ? Lots of stuff in the news about MP's fiddling the books etc, but for nothing like the amounts mentioned above. Or is that too politically sensitive to mention ???

Rob.

being terrorists yes it probably is ,owning guns and terrorism gets you a lot in this world ,terrorism ,guns and hijacking even more :rolleyes:

england is now the land of the undeserving ,the less you deserve the more you get.

being deserving like gurkas ,the disabled and old and poor gets you nothing ,being mp's ,terrorists ,ex russian state warlords and the scum and dregs of the world and we cant give you enough

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You'll love this then,

"Mr Morley was said by sources to have been "distraught and heartbroken".

In further allegations, The Telegraph reports that Mr Morley rented out a London flat designated as his main residence to another Labour MP, Ian Cawsey, a close friend and former special adviser, who named the property as his second home, allowing him to claim £1,000 a month in rent, which he paid to Mr Morley."

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

This is even making headlines here!

Here,if your local politician didnt have his hand in the till,he would be looked at with suspicion! :blink::blink:

And as for having affairs......... it wouldnt make the news......its seen as normal. :lol::lol::lol:

You'll love this then,

"Mr Morley was said by sources to have been "distraught and heartbroken".

In further allegations, The Telegraph reports that Mr Morley rented out a London flat designated as his main residence to another Labour MP, Ian Cawsey, a close friend and former special adviser, who named the property as his second home, allowing him to claim £1,000 a month in rent, which he paid to Mr Morley."

He's now been suspended; and Camerons top aide is sacked for fraudulently claiming for his second home which his wife ( another MP) was also claiming for, a total of £170,000.

He's now been suspended; and Camerons top aide is sacked for fraudulently claiming for his second home which his wife ( another MP) was also claiming for, a total of £170,000.

And lets hope they now get prosecuted for fraud - anyone want to bet that it happens ?

Rob.

Still no news on Mandy !

Lets hope the Telegraph is saving the best til last !

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.