which cheap carp rod?

numes

hi folks,

im after a new carp rod for about 50 quid,anybody got any recommendations ?

ive seen some ron thompson rods in the fishtec catalogue are these anygood or should i look elsewhere?

12 foot and 2.5 tc btw.

thanks

paul..

Hi numes, I bought a Daiwa Sensor 12' two-piece for well under fifty quid, recently, and it is a really classy piece of kit. It has 2.5lb test curve, and an action that goes right through to the butt section. It was reduced, but you should be able to find one for yourself. My advice is to look at reduced tackle, rather than buying cheap tackle at full price... My Ron Thompson 'carp match' rod is good, but not the quality of the Daiwa.

See it at this online tackle dealer's site:

http://www.swiftys-fishing-tackle.co.uk/

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

numes:

hi folks,

12 foot and 2.5 tc  btw.

thanks

paul..

Paul, I have 3 X 13ft X2 1/2lb test rods with Shimano 5010 bait runners and a Kevin Nash fedoral that I want to sell, £250 the lot + p&p

I will be in N Wales in August with the van so can bring the rods over with me. Alan Stubs wanted them but I have waited for him for 2 years now and they have to go.

Cheers

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I have 2 Daiwa Vulcan X Carp rods and a Fox Warrior, both types cost less than fifty quid.

If I was really to pick between the 2, I'd go for the Fox Warrior. It's a really nice rod for the money (£44 or less) and I doubt you''l get any better for less than £80. It has a nice progressive action with plenty of backup. Beautifully finished with 3 legged rings, abbreviated handle and superb whippings, finishings etc.

I use the 3lb TC for allround Pike fishing and it's landed me a 22Lber and numerous large doubles. I'd buy another no bother.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Fox warrior.

I read a copy of a mates Total carp who done a feature on these rods.

They said they would rather buy a Fox warrior than some other makes that were double the price.

They could not belive that Fox could bring out such a quality rod for such a low price.

I have a 2.75lb test curve model and will get round to buying an another.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

thanks for the replies ,

i think i'll have a proper look at the fox warrior.

thanks for the offer alan but im only an occasionnal carper so idont really need that much stuff,and ive got a couple of okuma baitrunners already.

paul..