The Great Red Mist, is it just a pike thing?

Peter Waller

I wouldn't bother to apologise if I were you. He is more than very touchy, he is totally intolerant of other people's views, opinions and anything else they might offer. Pretty much like the people you were talking about. This used to be a great site, but McFarlane's diatribes are so annoying I rarely bother to come here these days. I thought I'd have a look this evening, and straight away I see another one.

Andy, don't bother with another dose of vitriol directed at me because I won't see it. All you will do is annoy even more people! But I guess that wouldn't bother you!

frankly i dont give a flying f*** what ppl think yes theres is a scotish pike mafia no its not just pass and indeed in england i just fish the waters i am allowed to and try to get on with anyone who wants or wants to give help and advice

Edited by essox_lucius

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who you are talking about, what the problem you all seem to have with each other. Nor do I care.

Pike Mafia... :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: ...

More like legends in their own minds I expect...Oh! well get on with it...sort it or leave it or forget it...Its your choice become men (and women) or carry on squabbling like school children.

I have had a few disputes on this site so what...who cares...they are over and done with...So I disagree with a few so what...the world keeps turning...I keep fishing...and I expect they do to.

No doubt I will have many more disputes so what, we all have our own opinions and we all believe that we are right, no matter how many people disagree with what we believe and say each of us will believe that we are right.

Just lets make it more about the disagreement of an opinion or idea than a personal conflict...Come on lets all show we can behave like adults...

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

It's 5 years old mate.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

It's 5 years old mate.

Thanks for that Andy.

There you are guys and girls, Andy and I have disagreed on things but I don't have a problem with Andy and I hope he does not have a problem with me. We just don't always agree.

Come on 5 years...put it behind you...its a lot of water under the bridge since then.

Perhaps you can all agree to disagree...but lets not get personal and have grudges and problems...its only people being people...we don't all agree and have exactly the same ideas as each other...we are all individuals.

Unless...perhaps you are all politicians? ...hehehe

I have often found I disagree in one area and agree in another its part of being human or maybe I am a sub creature...and I've got it all wrong...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

5 yrs is to long

It was you that resurrected the thread mate... ;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• 3 months later...

I know its an old thread but I definitely like the idea of a Norfolk Pike Mafia lol Just get images of Coypu Heads (coypu're still there, I seens 'em).

Anyway, got the red mist myself when some grockle off a boat asked me about my tackle (oooh, errr) and I'm more than happy to show them and yak all day but I got narked when he had a pop at me for using 50lb braid, weren't sporting like. I explained I lure fish a lot and besides getting snagged, I don't want a Pike starving to death with hooks sewing up his gut, (use singles mind) then he goes and tells me my rod (11ft Ron Thompson 1-3oz cast) reel (Shakespeare Cypry 6000) and trace (12" Snaplink spinning trace or 24" snaplink to a 2/0 single hook on the snap for bait) aren't up to scratch coz I use the same gear for both luring and baiting.

Is that actually wrong? All I can say is that yeah, I have problems chucking out light lures but thats 'bout it. I just use heavy ones instead. I'm asking coz its bugging me the more I think about it and would appreciate your opinion on whether my tackle is, ahem, inadequate for the task?

Thanks in advance,

Renrag.

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

Yeah I suppose I should downscale a bit but the inital reason for 50lb was because I didn't know the quality of braid I was getting (from fleabay, hong kong). Turned out its pretty good stuff. Will probably go for 30lb next time. On the plus size, I've never lost my end tackle and have inadvertantly (and on purpose) done some riverbed trawling and gotten some free gear from a couple of snags lol. Dragged in an old peat spade once covered in about a dozen feeders.

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

50 lb braid suits me for many uses including heavy lures and any as don't like it can take a long walk off a short pier. :D :D

That said, I think any lure rod over 8' long is a bit strange but that's probably the result of years of boat fishing and a preference for bait casting reels (multipliers designed for lots of casting). I don't think I've routinely used any over 7'6" and usually go for rods under 7'.

Long rods are not only a bit awkward to use casting from a boat but I don't find them as easy to get accurate casts as with shorter rods. If you are simply aiming for the center of a lake it won't matter but if you need to place lures with precision, a shorter rod is the way to go.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President