A Pic A Day

poledark

post-3070-1133216358_thumb.jpgThought I would join in...... This is Peanut, one of our two dogs relaxing after a hard day of doing what he does best..............NOTHING

post-3070-1133216599_thumb.jpgand this is him contemplating moving.....not

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This little fella(?) ate almost half a sandwich today, lake was freezing over as I left at 4pm, hope the KF's survive..

DSCN4603.jpg

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Terrible quality but possiblt the fattest robin Ive ever seen!

robin.jpg

dan

PS cant get rid of "blue eye" on photoshop unless Ive missed a trick! scarey tho eh?!!

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Seems to have eaten the rest of my sandwich Dan :)

Den

Dan, fiddled with your pic..

robin.jpg

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

You should have seen the yellow versions :) :)

Den

"Herdwick sheep are the native breed of the central and western Lake District and live on the highest of England’s mountains.Herdwick sheep are the most hardy of all Britain’s breeds of hill sheep, grazing the central and western dales of the Lake District with fells running to over three thousand feet.

Herdwick farms have typically less than 100 acres of lower, more productive land and rely on the common grazings of the high Lake District fells. The lambs graze with their mothers on the “heaf” belonging to that farm instilling a life long knowledge of where on the fell they should be grazing. This is crucial as the central Lake District fells are inaccessible and a sheep which strays from Borrowdale to Eskdale will involve a 100 mile round trip by road for the farmer to collect it.

The Herdwick’s hardiness and ability to graze over a wide area of fell is key to the maintenance of the Lake District landscape as we know it."

Herdwick2.jpg

Herdwicks normally have their horns debudded when they are lambs so I was lucky to capture this one with its immature horns.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet